This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#11059 by Stichintime
Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:12 am
I can't believe how many bandmix members don't have audio samples posted to their profiles & adds. I mean how are you going to attract other musicians to work with you if you don't take advantage of this major feature of your membership?

#11065 by RhythmMan
Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:11 pm
You're right - they won't attract any serious musicians.
#11069 by muzickmage
Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:03 pm
I have to agree on this one ... I am seeing the "Help Wanted" type messages ... but thats it ... I can't seem to find much info past the help wanted signs.... and contacting them is appearing to be more difficult.

Hopefully musicians will take another look at their "Help Wanted" ads and see if maybe they forgot something.

#11090 by Davey C
Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:42 pm
I hear you....especially with how easy it is to record these days...plug straight into your computer and use Audacity or something similar....totally free!

David

Swing, jump jazz boogie woogie, blues, latin, and delta pickin'
#11107 by muzickmage
Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:56 am
Has anyone run into any instrumental solos .... guitar riffs, keyboard scales... a snare tick .... lol... anything? I can fairly easily find clips on vocalist .... but not finding to many instrumental solo clips.

Alan Thebeau,
www.bidzcenter.com

#11110 by RhythmMan
Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:17 am
If you're looking for some instrumentals - no vocals - I've got 3 posted right here. They are Guitar & bass.
http://bandmix.com/profile75490.html.
These are 3 completely different styles of music. Go to the bottom of my page to read the descriptions . . .
Also, go to http://www.myspace.com/alanbradleygroup
& check out "Wandering Minstrel."
The other 3 songs on Myspace have vocals . . .
By the way, if there's anyone near Madison CT who can play these songs - give me a holler. . . .
#11116 by Delaluna
Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:26 am
I agree that it is pointless to say "I'm a singer, I'm a musician" and not allow anyone to hear what you have to offer. All anyone can do is look at your picture or look at your "no picture" and wonder what you're all about.
#11118 by muzickmage
Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:47 am
In my defense ... lol... i'm not here looking for help with my music ... nor am I trying to start a band ....

What I "am" doing here, among other things, is hoping to offer musicians an additional option in websites to connect on.

Its amazing how many posts I have come across so far seeing people looking for this and that ... wanting help, advice .. etc. etc. etc. .... and the amazing thing is ........

..... I've lost count of how many threads i've posted .... i'm a manager & Producer of music .... i'm looking to manage and produce 25 people... offering site links.. explaining FREE services.... etc. etc. .......

but.......

...... not one question tossed in my direction. You people don't even see me. For all you know ... I could very well be able to put you in the driver's seat with your career.... or actualy ... produce you a career .... and then again ... I could be a complete waste of your time.

Some of you are saying... I need a drummer... I need a bassist ..... NO... what you need is a manager .... and let him need the drummer and bassist for you. Managers cost you say ..... NO again.... i'm FREE. Hellllllloooo remember me? lmao.

Alan Thebeau,
www.bidzcenter.com

#11119 by muzickmage
Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:11 am
Thank you BluesRockFunkJazz ... I appreciate your sharing.

#11125 by Gorfalamu
Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:37 am
BluesRockFunkJazz - those sound great!

I have an instrumental version of St. James Infirmary Blues posted on my profile.

I too am surprised by the lack of postings--also a bit dismayed by the number of profiles which leave seeking all instruments as a default. Mebbe it's just me but I don't quite get a heavy metal band seeking dobro, etc. So a search for a band looking for a harmonica turns up a number of interesting but unlikely profiles.

#11130 by RhythmMan
Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:47 pm
Gorfalamu, thanks for the compliment.
Sometimes, 'more is better' . . . .
But it's songs like these which have prevented me from finding anyone nearby able to play along . . . .
#11275 by Stichintime
Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:06 pm
muzickmage wrote:In my defense ... lol... i'm not here looking for help with my music ... nor am I trying to start a band ....

What I "am" doing here, among other things, is hoping to offer musicians an additional option in websites to connect on.

Its amazing how many posts I have come across so far seeing people looking for this and that ... wanting help, advice .. etc. etc. etc. .... and the amazing thing is ........

..... I've lost count of how many threads i've posted .... i'm a manager & Producer of music .... i'm looking to manage and produce 25 people... offering site links.. explaining FREE services.... etc. etc. .......

but.......

...... not one question tossed in my direction. You people don't even see me. For all you know ... I could very well be able to put you in the driver's seat with your career.... or actualy ... produce you a career .... and then again ... I could be a complete waste of your time.

Some of you are saying... I need a drummer... I need a bassist ..... NO... what you need is a manager .... and let him need the drummer and bassist for you. Managers cost you say ..... NO again.... i'm FREE. Hellllllloooo remember me? lmao.

Alan Thebeau,
www.bidzcenter.com

Alrighty then fair enough Alan, I'm game, I would really love to give you the chance to manage my music career. How do we get it started?

Sincerely,

Stich

www.bandmix.com/stichintime

#11281 by PhrAiLGuitarist
Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:34 pm
I COMPLETELY AGREE! I get so frustrated when I look for musicians in my area and I see that there's no music up and their description is something to the effect of "i pla bass." Come on, now... lol. Anyway, opinions always welcome my way. I posted some misc. clips of my music, a full song I'd written awhile back with my best friend (who does the vocals on the song) and linked to one of my YouTube videos. I'd love to see people take the same initiative but perhaps people just lack confidence in themselves or they're afraid to subject themselves to negative criticism. Not everyone is going to like what you do. So what!? There are people that probably will, if you amount to anything, and those are the people you want contacting you, you know? Anyway... I do wholly agree with how absurd it is that people don't post anything other than an image and a half-assed description.

http://www.bandmix.com/phrailguitarist if any of you feel like taking a listen and giving opinions. Naturally, what's posted there is not to be criticized or critiqued for recording quality or production value. I went for quantity as opposed to quality where the total limit of size for posting songs was concerned. Thanks guys (and gals! I know there's a few of you out there. lol). =)

Lastly:

muzickmage wrote:In my defense ... lol... i'm not here looking for help with my music ... nor am I trying to start a band ....

but.......

Alan Thebeau,
www.bidzcenter.com

I see your frustration but free only lasts so long. Somewhere, you're in it to make money. Not every musician is looking to make money. "I need a bassist" and "I need a drummer" does not always equal "I want to be a rockstar, have a manager and make money." That could be part of the problem for you as well is that musicians with that kind of vision either aren't on here in the capacity you're interested in or, quite frankly, you have to earn trust before people will take your bait. Why should we believe you? Look at your BandMix profile... THERE'S NOTHING ON IT! Give some examples of what you've produced or show where you've had your hand in at least SOME type of success and people will be swayed by more than just trying to gather from random posts of yours that you're some free manager who can help.

It's like, well, I see what you're saying but give me a reason to bite, man. You know? I'm not doubting your character or intentions by any means! I'm simply stating that you've given absolutely no reason why anyone should do anything more than read what you have to say and then continue on to the next post.

Just my two cents.

-Stephen

#11300 by Jampy
Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:04 am
I must say I am guilty, I have nothing in my profile, and I posted a "help wanted" sign..shame on me :cry:

But I am working on changing that and hope to have some "rough" content up soon for all of you to listen to and hate or love it.

I think that with positive feedback for the more mature posters you'll find more people wanting to post content, but simply trashing people that are new to this forum and maybe new to posting or creating digital media is a waste of both your time and there effort. I am not saying I have seen this happen here but I am sure it does happen.

I try to stay positive about not having any content I make no excuse for it and I am working on changing that aspect of use on this forum, but I don't think it will make me any better or more legit that any other member here..

Just my 2 cents
#11301 by fisherman bob
Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:12 am
I've said before that I'll put some of my tunes on this website for you to listen to but I'm so damn busy with my day job I can never find the time. It's going to happen real soon, hopefully you'll get a real earful of blues. Later...your friendly neighborhood bluesman fisherman bob