This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#97717 by Iain Hamilton
Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:19 pm
Ok, this isn't just some shameless plug, i have just uploaded some of my home brew recordings on here, i've had a myspace page for ages and nothing ever comes of it, i find it's impossible to promote my page, i'm hoping for more from this site, for now, and the purpose of this post is, just to gather some feedback, honest genuine critisism, whatever you think, i would like to put a band together, or just join one, i play guitar, bass, drums and i'm a bit of a vocalist. all these tracks were written and recorded by myself at home, just really want to know what you think, because i know i'm not alone on here. Thankyou for your time if you do

http://www.bandmix.co.uk/iain-hamilton/

#97719 by philbymon
Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:26 pm
HEY! One shameless plug at a time, please! LOL

No need for multi-posts.

#97729 by Iain Hamilton
Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:59 pm
Didn't realise this would show in general posts too! oops :oops:

#97731 by Chippy
Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:02 pm
It's the cigarette smoke. :wink:

:D

#97753 by Greeniemagic
Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:48 pm
Like your songs Iain. Disillusion, How do you like me now and Memory are my favourites!! :D

#97799 by gbheil
Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:59 pm
Like the sound Iain. I'll have to swing back through when I have more time.
Welcome

#104903 by Dekkard Bryon
Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:24 am
This is good stuff, have you got it out to the A&R kiddies yet or what?

#112343 by ETRPT
Mon May 24, 2010 10:19 am
I rarely post here....

I think the problem you have is that you haven't got a bona fide band. Some labels really need you to demonstrate a fan base so that they can qualify how commercial you are and the likelyhood of you making money for them is....

that said... I think seriously that there's a market for this; at the very least you should be getting a demo around every label you can think of.

And if that fails, contact some studios for production assistant positions, because the quality of recordings is very good.

#113522 by Black57
Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:26 pm
Personally, I really like this. These all sound like hits to me. I was pleasantly surprised by "How Do you Like Me Now"...I am a lover of the waltz in the form of jazz or rock. I love the triple meter which is what draws me into it. 8) It's cool.

#113608 by Starfish Scott
Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:25 pm
Yeah I dig your music as well, Iain. Reminds me of pop + pink floyd in equal portions. (sell it or someone else will)

Not understanding why you aren't playing with a real band.

Has to be exposure, plenty of people want to hitch it to someone else to drag them along...you are the engine, all you need are some cattle cars and the caboose.

#114311 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Yeah I don't dig your music because of your ego and the way way you treat other musicians in general.
MAN you just did a hit and run and your legs are going so fast it's disgusting.

You want an Opinion. I don't have to be nice to you. You are NOT an AMERICAN.

Tough luck, and kudos to you , BP is looking for talent like yours to RAPE America.

You keep playing, and when you break a string , I hope you have enough money to afford a new one. Come and get me , your friend , Glen.