This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#10051 by Vocals & Bass
Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:33 pm
"YES" 'Close to the edge, etc.'

#10061 by twinsfanjon69
Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:46 am
hands down the BEATLES

#10090 by Samara
Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:42 pm
Tegan and Sara

although I love them, I don't try to sound like them, but everyone tells me I do :?

#10128 by N1GHTM4R3GR33N
Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:59 pm
i dont want to say it but id have to say the sex pistols not because they were in any way great or lyrically amazing but because of their brash raw attitude to the government and what was happening to their generation because of poverty. just look at them none of them could really play for sh*t, but the managed a two year career that racked them up cash, fans and a new musical genre that still even exists today no matter how bad the new bands are it taught something to everyone about just being themselves and not giving a F**k what others thought.

#10592 by darockguitar1
Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:50 pm
You know what... lets get with the times... I have to say, the guys from avenged sevenfold got some real talent!!

#10692 by JJW III
Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:29 am
Al Dimeola, and John Petrucci.

Sorry you said one so I will say Al Dimeola.

While were on this topic this is an obscure mention but if anyone has the chance check out Mairead' Nesbitt. She plays violin for Celtic Woman and has several solo records. She is amazing. She plays the fiddle and moves around like Eddie Van Halen does on guitar. You may not be into the music but she is a phenomenal musician.

#10978 by darockguitar1
Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:53 am
hey keep the posts comming! share your opinion with us!

#10998 by mistermikev
Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:47 pm
I'd have to go with hendrix, not because he is my favorite musician now, or because he really played gtr good, but because he has been the one musician I have listened to through-out all the phases of music listening I have gone through...
when I was really young and toting around my scateboard and going to punk shows... I listened to the descendants, sex pistols, social distortion, husker due, black flag... I also listened to hendrix.
when I was a bit older (80's) and listening to anthrax, ozzy, judas priest, van halen, annihilator... I also listened to hendrix,
when I got a little older still and listened to metallica, wasp, kiss, and later winger, white lion, warrant, poison (yeah I'll admit it)... I still would pull out axis bold as love and listen to hendrix...
now when I primarily listen to john scofield, chet atkins, albert lee, and the hellecasters... I still find myself blown away by spanish castle majic, or castles made of sand, or gypsy eyes...
hendrix was not just a great guitarist... listen to his rythm style... his strange melody choice... his sense of rythm... his awkward voice.. his even more awkward backup vocals, he really was one of a kind from top to bottom. You look at his lyrics on 'wind crys mary' or 'little wing' or 'castles made of sand' and it's not half bad... you listen to 'sweet angel' and hendrix comes together lyrically AND musically.
For me he has been most influential because he has never "fallen out of fashion" or gotten boring like so many other "one dimensional" musicians. There's no "moving on" from him musically. There little room to top him lyrically, you certainly couldn't out-dress the guy... few have hit so hard on so many levels.

#11320 by TheCaptain
Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:14 pm
IONA

#11567 by 3186358144
Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:24 pm
lamb of god

#11621 by darockguitar1
Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:42 pm
Any of you guys ever heard of STRUNZ AND FARAH??!! Insane guitar players!!

#11982 by MrMeaner
Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:22 pm
Cant pick just one
#12059 by Davey C
Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:28 pm
Jazz - Charlie Christian
Last edited by Davey C on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#12061 by Davey C
Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:38 pm
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:Leo Kottke.

That's the problem...which genre? Leo Kottke has got to be at the top of his type of playing for sure!!!

#12062 by Davey C
Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:47 pm
MrMikeV wrote:I'd have to go with hendrix, not because he is my favorite musician now, or because he really played gtr good, but because

Excellent summary of what makes an influential musician.