This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Any good?

57%
43%

#104394 by philbymon
Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:23 pm
I'm glad you called this stuff "vocals" & not "singing."

This modern screaming stuff does absolutely nothing for me. I can't understand either the lyric or the appeal.

I wouldn't hire you to yell at unruly school kids like this. I doubt any message could get through to them.

#104409 by Starfish Scott
Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:10 pm
screamo?

Soon as I heard that, I shut it off.

Ask Ryan, he's more qualified to dispense an accurate opinion on this genre.

#105491 by TJScarle
Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:54 am
Neither constructive or of any worth really. I find your comments philbymon in all honestly very rude. A simple not for me would of sufficed, instead you increased my view that Americans are assholes.

#105493 by gbheil
Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:35 am
:lol:

#105500 by Chris Nichols
Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:22 am
I'm not a huge fan of the screaming either but musically you guys f**king ROCK!

There is a market for it. Keep it up.

#105562 by philbymon
Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:55 pm
TJScarle wrote:Neither constructive or of any worth really. I find your comments philbymon in all honestly very rude. A simple not for me would of sufficed, instead you increased my view that Americans are assholes.

I do not try in any way to represent my country in my critiques, & I stand by the fact that this is NOT "singing," so it does nothing for me. I did give some constructive criticism, though, when I said that I couldn't understand the words.

But you're right. I was rude. I apologise.

#105597 by Starfish Scott
Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:12 am
If you like it fine, if you don't fine.

Don't make a mountain out of a butthole.

If you want lies, just tell us and we'll tell you everything you want to hear but never felt.

#105618 by TJScarle
Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:38 am
that is very cool of you to apologise, and i too apologise for my comments regarding americans and assholes. and scott i dont want people to sugar coat things at all, just not to be rude. the guy has apologised as have i and as far as im concerned the matter is closed. and just to add a little joke to lighten the mood, as a norwegian let me just say ''HA we got there first'' in your face capt scott.lol

#105809 by Starfish Scott
Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:56 pm
It's all good.

People say rude stuff all the time.

Like I tell anyone who is to perform in front of people, "grow a thick skin".

If you don't, they will hurt you with what they say and do, BELIEVE ME.

People, myself included, are focused on what they like and dislike.

It's like thinking you are looking at a magic marker stripe and in reality, it's more like a fine pen mark. I.e>. the scope is very limited.

When you ask for criticism from people, the folks within your genre are going to give you the critique that really helps.

I.e> If I listen to country and western, do you really think that what I have to offer you is going to be helpful or constructive? I say no.

BUT if you know the individual that you are asking is a fan of this genre and he/she tells you there is a problem, you should take what they say very seriously.

Another example: Someone who listens to REGGAE primarily will not be giving you a great critique of a song in the vein of METAL.

Follow me?
Last edited by Starfish Scott on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#105893 by TJScarle
Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:34 am
yeah i get you completely
#105899 by Mark Phillips
Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:10 am
Hello TJ Scarle,
Being halfway across the pond between our American cousins and you up in Norway, I find I am also halfway between the extremes of opinion.

I quite liked the song, and found your gutteral whisper quite therapeutic, like a sort of fiord rap maybe?
I have been to Norway a couple of times and camped in the forests and mountains, and I climbed Trolsteigen years ago and saw glaciers etc... it was pretty spooky as you get above the tundra level, I just remember cities of ants as big as beetles marching over my boots and on their way... yes I can well see why you end up singing like Golam!

I have a voice that is not anything; I wish I could find something that was me and only me.
Did I like your singing?
Well yes I enjoyed listening to it... maybe saying I liked it is going a bit too far, but it is always fun to see some of our rather conventional American cousins having their cages rattled a bit!

Hey, and as you say, Captain Amundsen might have got to the North pole first, but he didn't write any good words did he... "I am going out, I might be a little while".
Beat that all you Norwegian bog-trolls!
Hey do! (sorry just Swedish!)
Mark...............

#113683 by FunkDealer
Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:17 am
Why do all you screamo bands imitate the beginning of Slayers' Angel of Death?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0AGUywH ... re=related

The way bassist/vocalist Tom Araya screams is awesome but stop ripping it off, it makes you look cliche', and I would guess being in a screamo band is embarassing enough.

I apologize for being rude.

p.s. I am not really sorry, that stuff sucks.

#114166 by Morinaga666
Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:01 pm
Awsome, the vocals rock. Sounds good and has a distinct tone to it. Kinda like the guy from at the gates on the "slughter of the soul" album.

Dont worry about anyone who says anything detremental to the music or the vocals, I can only think they arent really listening to it. It sounds well recorded and grooves excellently. Id definatly go and see you guys on the strength of that one song. The only thing I dont like is the widdley guitar solo stuff. I generally dont like that but I understand there are people who love it, so I wont bang on about it.

So all in all, 4 out 0f 5 chainsaws from me.

The vocals rock by the way.