This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#9845 by hairpin harold
Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:36 am
I want to know what kind of music people like just write me tell me what you guys like. It would be very useful for our band so we know what will get a crowd going we play alot of 70's based music. So let me know what you guys think.

#10436 by N1GHTM4R3GR33N
Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:33 pm
you better not forget the 80s come on who wouldnt want to play turning japanese by the vapors or tear up with an extreme cover.

#10564 by Franny
Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:46 pm
You play 70's music?
Go for some of the less played(?) obscure stuff.
Green Eyed Lady (Sugarloaf)
Do you know what i mean? (Lee Michaels)
Thank you folettinmebemyself (Sly & Family Stone)
Time Machine (Grand Funk RR)
Alright now (Free) you really should be doing this one anyway.
Brandy...you're a fine girl (Looking Glass)
Knock 3 times (Dawn) drunks love doing the 'air' knock :D

Most importantly, you have to get the ladies up shakin' dey azz and the men will follow...then more alcohol will flow and that makes for a happy venue owner and an invite to come back.
Do a google search for hits of the 70's.

#10589 by RhythmMan
Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:49 pm
Oh no! If those songs are now obscure, I'm definitely getting old!

#10591 by Jacquee Rae
Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:19 pm
Well BRFJ,

The only one I recognized was knock three times but that is cuz it was in a commercial when I was younger. LOL!

Franny is right though, I can see people pounding the sky to that one!

I love Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison, and I am not sure that I have heard it played out too often.

One of the best shows locally that I love to go see is a band called Disco Inferno. The lead singer dresses like Austin Powers and they play for the most part, 70s music. I love hearing "Austin" sing I will survive!
I also like Fooled Around and Fell In Love by Elvin Bishop - was that 70s?
Or the number one song the day I was born - bad blood by Neil Sedaka ... I don't really know this one, but anytime I bring it up someone is like that was a great song. LOL!

Well best of luck!!
Last edited by Jacquee Rae on Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

#10600 by jimmydanger
Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:43 pm
LOL you are definitely a young pup if you don't know all of those tunes! They were radio staples back in the day.

Good call on the Elvin Bishop song, which featured Mickey Thomas on vocals, who later joined Jefferson Starship ("Jane", "We Built This City", etc).

BTW, the Sly song was actually titled "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)". I went to a Sly concert and he failed to show up, which he commonly did back then.

#10619 by Jacquee Rae
Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:32 am
Thanks JD!! :? You had me singing we build this city all darn day!!! HAHAHAHAHA :lol:

#10621 by The KIDD
Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:47 am
Hey Kids ,

Now your talkin MY decade....Most of what you posted Franny was on our set list in 77...Hey Jacquee ,I sing the octave Sha-la las on Brown Eyed girl..In G no less....Gettin harder to hit them each yr that passes :lol: Hey yall, what ever happened to Triumph???...Never seen any VH1 "where are they now" done on them...Damn Catkiller, Id forgotten about that tune.... That B is gonna drive me nuts...What did they used to holler on Mony Mony ...I forget...??? :roll:

John

#10632 by Franny
Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:59 pm
BluesRockFunkJazz wrote:Oh no! If those songs are now obscure, I'm definitely getting old!
What i mean by obscure is songs that the same ol' "Classic Rock" stations haven't wore out.
BTW, i grow up playing that stuff while they were actually hits. :cry:
Now i can't stand listening to it, unless its the obscure stuff you don't hear very often.

The only one on that list thats even close to being overplayed is the Sly & the Family Stone one.