This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#102637 by Bass4worship
Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:07 pm
Hi, I'm Ron. I been playing Gospel music over 20 years now. I started playing R&B back in the days but now I play every Sunday at my church and belong to two Gospel groups out side the church. If you don't want to lose interent in your playing join a Christian band that plays gigs at other Church's. It good to know that they're other poeple that love Christian music on Bandmix too.

#104211 by Starfish Scott
Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:03 am
Unless god comes to you in a dream and tells you how bad you really are and asks you nicely to stop playing music and develop the jaw harp. lol

#104251 by gbheil
Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:10 pm
Steveorf wrote:I am from Buffalo and Long Island! I am very new to this but have a passion to speak truth to the youth! I just started writing my own songs and have a few songs up on myspace.com/steveorf...none of my work is recorded in the studio but I am looking for Christian musicians to help take my music to the next level. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from friends about my music so I am not going to stop. I am looking for a rock/rap/metal type of band to start jamming with. I am desperate for other guys to help me out, so if you are a skilled musician please contact me asap! [email protected]

This is where we (NKF) started back in 2005.
HOLD FAST !!
#104355 by Krul
Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:57 am
rhart1817 wrote:I am a regular at a church here in town, but it is not your usual Baptist church. They have a pretty good band that plays before the service, and they also play at other churches and they are trying to get some gigs at a few select venues.

I mentioned BandMix, but the next week they said that there wasn't much in the way of Christian musicians. Are there any faith based musicians here?

I have quite a few songs that mention God, but they're not preachy. I do have a couple that really do represent to the fullest, but in a creative way rather than a preachy. To each his own.

I wish I could find musicans to play with who were down to earth about Christ, and open minded enough to write about all kinds of things. It's hard to find an ecclectic bunch. If it wasn't, I would probably already be playing. I would think that someone would be available out here in the Bay Area.

It's cool knowing that Alice Cooper, Dave Mustaine, and Nicko McBrain are all faith based guys! Of course, a lot of people say they're hypocrites, which is definitely the box I would get put in. I'm not going to have a nervous breakdown trying to be anything but human. Only God can change my bad habits. I'm no better than anybody else.

IMHO, people in bars and clubs want to be entertained. It's not a Church. It's all about using wisdom in what you say, how you say it...and how much is too much to say. People want to get away and breathe when they go out.

Music should express who you are in all facets. Isn't that truly celebrating creation and life?
Last edited by Krul on Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

#104356 by Krul
Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:47 am
BTW, I find it interesting that all Christian band sites are null and void and have wasted my time. Bandmix is the best community I've found. The people are helpful, friendly, and talk about music...which is what this place is supposed to be about.

I read up to page 9 just now, and this thread is embarassing for the most part.

Why is the topic so scattered? It's about people of faith who play music, right? Re-focus.

#104570 by Ian Parker Terrace
Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:21 pm
I believe we were created & I believe in the testimony of Jesus Christ etc.

I really lost interest in the whole "Christian band" thing though.

#104574 by Krul
Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:20 pm
Aside from the few blatant faith-based songs I've written, I use God in a very personal way that pertains to many situations. How do I explain this? Ah, for example: You know the song Ride the Lighting right? Well, there's a part where James says "God help me, please God help me", and the song goes on to explain how the man doesen't want to be executed. That's kind of how I write in a lot of cases. I just take my life and put everything that's a part of me in it. So people have never felt that they were trying to be converted while the band was playing.

But if I'm asked about my faith, I'm going to be completely honest and unashamed. At the same time, I'm not going to parade around telling other adults how to live. This, IMHO, is why Christian musicians(not all) have turned so many people off. There's a fine line between an open door to minister and disrespect. Discernment is the key word here.

#104583 by gbheil
Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:56 pm
Shout it from the roof tops.
Let them be offended.

NKF

#104685 by ryckykay86
Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:03 pm
HEY GUYS!!! AHAAAA!!! :lol: YEA!! 8) ANYONE WANNA START A HINDU BAND!?!?!?! IT'D BE FUN!!!!! SINGIN ABOUT VISHNU AND ALL THAT!!!! YEA ROCKIN GOOD TIME!!!! :P YEAAA!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! GOLLY I HOPE SOMEONE WANTS TO!!! IT WOULD MAKE MY DAY!!!! :D ................. :twisted: .........sex, drugs, and rock n roll..........satan...out... :evil:

#104701 by gbheil
Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:52 pm
LOL
satan screams back up ... cause I'm standing on his balls. :twisted:

#104813 by ryckykay86
Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:23 pm
sanshouheil wrote:LOL
satan screams back up ... cause I'm standing on his balls. :twisted:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Diabolus has decorus balls of flamma chalybs ut haud mereo letalis can ingero poena super!!!!! Mereo prolatio of Diabolus testis est punishable per nex in 7th orbis of Abyssus!!!! Ego mos eat vestri animus quod obduco vestri bones per meus viscus!!!!! May vestri eyes exuro amo Egyptian sol solis dum vestri victus viscus rots quod cado a vestri bones ut vos ingredior!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

#104938 by Krul
Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:39 am
Oh man, they have a genre out called Unblack Metal. The guys all look and sound the same, except they talk about killing satan. It's one of the biggest oxymorons I've ever seen! :shock: :lol:

#104945 by gbheil
Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:27 am
LOL

satan is immortal just like the rest of us.

Now that's silly. :lol:

I prefer to stand on the edge of the lake of fire and flip him off. :twisted:

#105046 by ryckykay86
Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:29 pm
like raiden from mortal kombat?