This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#8329 by cswatt
Wed May 09, 2007 6:03 pm
Not sure whether this post has made it here or not, but for any of you musicians who've been targeted to play at this dude's party (whether for his UK based company or for his wife in Birmingham or Maryland or Florida or NY or LA or wherever), be warned.

Nigeria's latest bogus-cashiers-check-let's-have-your-bank-details scam is focusing on musicians, and I've been contacted through this venue. (BMix, anything you can do about this?)

Anyway, just wanted ya'll to know. The guy is for real, and I've even spoken with him on the phone (hey, the number was there and I called it, but not without suspicions!!)

btw...anyone other than me get an email from Jude?

#8334 by J-Okra
Wed May 09, 2007 9:48 pm
Yeah I got one... two actually. I couldn't figure out why he'd even take the time to contact a band who was currently seeking a lead singer for what seemed like such an important party in June. I hate that I wasted the time trying to help his silly ass.

#8345 by Jacquee Rae
Thu May 10, 2007 2:39 am
Some beach!

#8346 by cswatt
Thu May 10, 2007 2:42 am
he contacted me through my band profile--bootleg

i also found it strange that he'd contact us while looking for a replacement guitarist...but we had enough potentials, i thought i'd respond just to see what he was up to...

#9160 by GoldenMic
Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:26 pm
He tried to get me also. I thought maybe he was targeting people with band equipment to either send you to a location and steal it, or rob you when you werent home.

I did an address lookup and he was having a private party at an old folks home. I probably wouldnt have done the research, but his english was bad and it reminded me of those scams you get in the email all the time.

#9187 by cswatt
Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:26 am
i think he's targeted quite a few on bandmix...and he continutes to do so witch such fervor that he actually sent me another request even after i sent a scathing email.

i'm not ashamed to admit i carried it as far as i could (although i was always a skeptic). thing is, i've lived before in europe for some time and i immediately recognized the numbers as UK...and he wrote them in the way a european would, so i thought...ok, could be legit. but when he contacted me at work (yes, i gave him the number), a country code popped up that i did not recognize and it turned out to be nigeria...and we've all gotten *those* emails.

the grammar was akward, yes, but i've been used to that for the last 10 years (no offense to my friends over the atlantic!) so it didn't phase me a bit.

#9713 by Fatalis
Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:22 pm
Might be that I'm regurgitating this thread, but I got an e-mail from this Jude Micheal guy, offering a legit address in our state for a party.

It seemed pretty legit... 80-100 guests at his wife's 40th birthday, in an area that is realistic...

Hmmm.. now I'm paranoid... Damn.

#10075 by Broken Glass
Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:40 pm
I just got one of these too and it sounded so legit since he asks a whole bunch of questions that are pretty detailed for a scam but he seemed just a bit too eager to send me a deposit. He gave a local address here in Hawaii that could be a legitimate place to hold a party too. I wasted close an hour sprucing up our myspace page and answering all his questions, good thing I looked here first.

#10254 by CoolBrz
Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:10 pm
Hey my fellow violated musicians,

Looks like I am the latest victim! Have any of you received a check from Jude??? I did and it's as bogus as a three dollar bill. I mean stupidly obvious but with an actual active routing# & account number drawn up against Sovereign Bank.

Should have read the postings...

DSP
#10289 by bastec72
Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:50 am
WOW, I SHOULD HAVE GOOGLED THIS GUY. YEA I CALLED THIS ASSHOLE TO. I ALSO WENT AS FAR AS DRAWING UP A PERFORMANCE AGREEMENT AND EMAILING TO HIM. I WILL BE GOING TO THE AUTHORITIES ABOUT THIS AND MY ATTORNEY WILL BE CONTACTING BAND MIX :evil:

#10294 by CoolBrz
Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:52 am
Hey bastec,

I still am receiving e-mails from this asshole. I info'd bandmix and they have suspended his account. Below is the cut and pasted e-mail from 'Jude':

Hello,

How are you ?Its been long i read from you and i hope all is well with you?I will like to have the western union details because i believe by now you must have been done with getting the fund accross.

Thank you and i hope you are having a wonderfull preparation for the Gig.

Jude.

------I am playing him intill the authorities can nail this SOB!

Take care and best of luck with your band!

Dave

#10405 by Steppenstone
Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:32 am
I got the same e-mail too. I googled his name Jude Michael but nothing came up but my guitarist googled Jude Micheal and low and behold a quite of few threads about this guy. He wants to hire our band for his wife's 40th birthday party here in Hawaii on 08/11/07. He gave a legit address and location. I guess we all beware of this guy.

#10422 by CoolBrz
Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:22 pm
Let's team up and bust this guy. I received a UPS envelope with a fraudulent check that had stolen account info printed on it. I am working with an investigator with Sovereign Bank. 'Jude' wanted me to western union $1280 to: Carolyn Pavwoski, 1178 comstics apt c Columbia, TN. 38401. I asked for her phone number so the western union folks can contact her. He now wants me to send the money to: Joseph Romero, P.O.Box 3231 Pinehurst, NC. 28374. The UPS package containing the check originated in Camdenton, MO. The return address on the shipping label was a Rob Sanders in Chambersburg PA (I am sure this is made up).

Does anyone else have any info they would like to share. I don't know how many contacts he has but I would like to find and track them down with the help of the authorities. We musicians must stick together against this guy!

My I.T. folks believe he is in the states using 'web anonymizer' software

Regards to all - DSP

#10820 by Loud Angel
Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:15 pm
Well I must be the lastest idiot. Jude wanted my band to play at his wifes B-day party in Fort Walton Beach Florida. It was a legitamate address and my band and I have been busting butt trying to get prepared for this party. Well my gut just happened to tell me to check this guy out because of his grammer in the lastest emails he has sent me. We actually went as far as sending him a contract. I thought it was funny when he asked us to pay his caterer by sending us extra 1400. to pay her. That just seemed odd to me. Anyways I agree lets nail this guy to the wall. This is a hard enough buisness without assholes like that. I havent resieved a check yet but if I do I will let everyone know and I will be taking it to the authorities.