This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#100409 by Slacker G
Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:27 pm
Holy crap. I'm used to man drinks Like bourbon or scotch whiskey straight out of the bottle..... no chasers please.

Can you taste anything other than the sugar? But I can understand the sweet tooth.

OOPS. Wait a minute. I did drink whiskey and coke for a short time years ago. But then I learned that Coke was bad for you when a Coke high friend developed liver problems.

Perhaps I was influenced by my friends who live under the bridge, in the refrigerator carton economy housing development project.

But most of them have moved on to mouthwash in these tough times. 8)

#100414 by gtZip
Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:47 pm
philbymon wrote:Nope - nothing but GIN 1st thing in the morning. Vodka makes me irritable all day long. And Sangria is the only thing I put into my Froot Loops!

What? No white lightnin?

#100415 by gbheil
Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:00 am
I used to drink bourbon, gin and vodka straight. Or over some ice with the Crown Royal. Was quite fond on boilermakers too.
But being an alcoholic and a drug addict I keep it to a minimum these days.
My wife makes a drink with spiced rum, sprite, and pink grapefruit juice.
Pretty dang good too. You can cut or accent the sweetness of the sprite with how much GFJ you add. I call it a "Jamaican Jeanette" .
I prefer the Myers Rum but it is expensive. She usually buys Captain Morgan. It lacks the body of a bolder rum but still has a good flavor IMO.

#100418 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:33 am
God knew in his infinite wisdom,,,, that a woman was a very wonderful part of mans happiness,,,,, most of the time. To ensure mans happiness he gave us BEER. :lol:

#100437 by jimmydanger
Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:24 am
Yep, and to insure that the species continued he gave us beer goggles.

#100457 by Slacker G
Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:41 pm
Aw common guys.

Most of us who have been around a while know the truth.

God gave us women so we could play Blues.

#100500 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:51 am
I haven't been around that long,,,, but,,,, BEER helps you to enjoy even a crummy blues player.

#100513 by fisherman bob
Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:10 am
GLENJ wrote:I haven't been around that long,,,, but,,,, BEER helps you to enjoy even a crummy blues player.
I hope that's NOT the reason why people seem to drink like crazy at our shows...

#100518 by Jonny Deth
Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:29 am
The problem with that study is, they don't mention the long term studies and findings that CO2 causes a loss of calcium and can contribute to the development of osteoporosis as well as an increased risk of bone fracture.

Since it also has alcohol, the effects are even worse because it also contributes to osteoporosis.

The key is of course, moderation and plenty of calcium and other crucial nutrients in your diet.

#100554 by philbymon
Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:02 pm
Zip, everyone around here knows that white lightnin' is for BLUEGRASS shows, NOT froot loops!

Goes down like broken glass, it does!