This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#68802 by BobbyAlan
Thu May 28, 2009 10:11 pm
Here's my situation. I was contacted by, Hittmusicgroup, which is a song referral orginization who said they were interested in one of the songs I wrote called, "Hey Little Girl". I askd for her web site, which she gave and they are like a "Taxi". The charge for joining their group is $400.00 per year. Anyway, I contacted this person via email and told her I was unable to pay for that membership. About 1 hr later she calls back and proceeds to tell me, 'our group really likes my song and would settle for only $100.00.
Well guys, what do you think........
lol
Bobby
Last edited by BobbyAlan on Sun May 31, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
#68809 by Black57
Thu May 28, 2009 10:59 pm
BobbyAlan wrote:Here's my situation. I was contacted by, Hitmusicgroup, which is a song referral orginization who said they were interested in one of the songs I wrote called, "Hey Little Girl". I askd for her web site, which she gave and they are like a "Taxi". The charge for joining their group is $400.00 per year. Anyway, I contacted this person via email and told her I was unable to pay for that membership. About 1 hr later she calls back and proceeds to tell me, 'our group really likes my song and would settle for only $100.00.
lol
Bobby

It sounds suspicious to me. I would tell her that you were indeed interested but will need to speak to your lawyer and financial advisor, blah, blah, blah. If shic company is serious they will follow through. They should be willing to give you a boat load of pertinent info. Also ask about ASCAP ( percentages etc ). Also mention music union. Either that or just don't do it.

#68818 by gbheil
Fri May 29, 2009 1:24 am
Man if you have to pay them to sell your song they are theaves.

#68820 by RGMixProject
Fri May 29, 2009 1:27 am
Let us know if they tell you......"checks in the mail" lol

#68829 by Andragon
Fri May 29, 2009 2:37 am
No deal, man. Sounds like another scam. Also, ask to meet the rep in person in the presence of your lawyer. That should scare the shit out of scammers.

#68834 by RhythmMan
Fri May 29, 2009 3:21 am
sanshouheil wrote:Man if you have to pay them to sell your song they are thieves.

Sans, before you say that - go to Taxi.com, and read up.

#68867 by gbheil
Fri May 29, 2009 4:33 pm
Will do Alan.

#68978 by Starfish Scott
Sat May 30, 2009 1:41 pm
fame is sure elusive, but last I heard you can't pay to get it either..

That means the 100$ is a damn joke.

#68991 by ratsass
Sat May 30, 2009 4:35 pm
Hey, Bobbyallen. How did they "find" you? Just curious because I read one of the testimonials saying they were so glad that Hitt Music Group "found" them.

#69075 by BobbyAlan
Sun May 31, 2009 11:17 am
Well, I emailed them back with a few questions. What is your affiliation with ASCAP or BMI. Also told them, "Ain't I suppose to be the one getting paid for using my material?" and just who is interested in using my song? Haven't gotten any reply back as of yet. But when I do I will be posting it for you all. That is if they do get back with me....

Rat, I honestly don't know how they found me.

#69080 by gbheil
Sun May 31, 2009 12:41 pm
Your bank sold them your E mail address. LOL

#69252 by fisherman bob
Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:57 am
$100 per song? Man, your songs are way too good for that kind of chump change. $5,000 per song and not a penny less will do. Hell, you could be a Walmart greeter and make more than $100 per day.

#69280 by gbheil
Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:25 pm
Freakin A man. Most of us are old enough too. :lol:
#69306 by Kramerguy
Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:43 pm
BobbyAlan wrote:Here's my situation. I was contacted by, Hittmusicgroup, which is a song referral orginization who said they were interested in one of the songs I wrote called, "Hey Little Girl". I askd for her web site, which she gave and they are like a "Taxi". The charge for joining their group is $400.00 per year. Anyway, I contacted this person via email and told her I was unable to pay for that membership. About 1 hr later she calls back and proceeds to tell me, 'our group really likes my song and would settle for only $100.00.
lol
Bobby

When I was at the Cape May music conference, they told us NEVER EVER SIGN WITH A PUBLISHER WHO WANTS MONEY UP FRONT.

EVER.