This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#65973 by MadmX
Sat May 02, 2009 9:16 pm
I remember waaaaay back when I was gigging all the time… young and full of energy…. I know that’s what I wanted to see… was grampa on skins… maybe be ‘ol uncle Ernie on bass…. All grey haired… the chicks really dig that….

Lets all be real, when all of us were young we would have told you to pound sand too… not because of your talent or ability, but because you didn’t fit the demographic….

Keep looking, you will find a band with people your own age. It will most likely have better musicians anyway...:)

X!

#76809 by Whitesel
Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:26 am
I just tell people I'm 27 in "rock Years" Most people I run into guess my age to be 22-28, I always love the expression on their face when I tell them my real age. A LOT of musicians LIE about their age, you would be amazed.

I play in bands with guys in their late 50's and bands with guys in their early 20's. If they are wanting you to be a certain age, then it is probably a slap together "Boy-Band" like package project that probably won't go anywhere anyways.

I saw the Video on youtube, the A&R guys telling everyone in the room that if they are over 30, they have no hope of being signed, and they should do music for TV commercials. I think that's a load of crap...they would like it to be that way...but the times are changing...almost every band that was playing at Big Day out this year had some grey hairs!!

I did the opposite...I joined a band that formed the year I was born, I would rather play good music with experienced musicians anyways :)