This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#48455 by Hayden King
Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:48 am
yeah harpyrec I (we) played. there were maybe 80 people there. I guess its all exposure. i got a lot of adds to my band page on myspace from there. I got an offer to play in LA and meet a top level producer there, but the guy was visiting one of the guys in Confederate Railroad. he wasn't there as an A&R rep. got some offers for gigg's and bands to play with us. the B stage (on the ground) was a tiny PA in front of a bus in the parking lot. great bands played on it, but it wasn't the setting I was after, that's for sure! I (we) made the best of it and tried to have a good time, but we got monkey wrenched and they hacked our monitor mix (there was none) I had to listen to the house PA out in front of us to stay in key. none of us had monitors. they turned em down. it was more than the typical lunacy of an independent promoter.
in the end the crowd liked us and complimented us a lot. a couple of the guys in Railroad congratulated me on a good show. so even with the intentional interference, it turned out ok!