This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#52745 by RhythmMan
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:50 am
My best offers have been from phenominal singers who want to use my music; and great bands who want me playing with them.
And my worst offers? Who cares?! I just ignore the rest - I don't even bother to mention them. God - that's like complaining about junk mail or birds crapping on statues or something . . . it's gonna happen whether we complain or not.
We should think of what we want to happen, & forget everything else, huh?
And - watch out for being overly suspicious about everything; because that can turn into a defeatist mindset.
Defeatists will always lose.
I will not associate with people who tell me everything that can go wrong. Hell - I can already figure that out myself; I don't need anyone to re-enforce the negatives.
I hang w/ folks that look for (and always find) ways a thing CAN be done.
Look for success - and you'll find it.
Look for failure - and you'll find it.
We should all give ourselves a break, and stop looking for obstacles to success. Look for ways to make it happen.
And . . .
Get to know as many people as possible, because you can learn from them.
Properly applied knowlege can give you a little more power on life.
A bit of advice; if your friends complain a lot - look for different friends.
Find people who offer you solutions, not defeatism. And - when you talk to those people: bring out the best in yourself.
People are often surprised at what a change in their own attitude will do for their success in life.
It's 'attitude'
over 'aptitude'
that will determine your 'altitude' in life . . .
Those are not just cutesy words, friends; that's one of the secrets of success . . . your attitude.
Climb up the musicians' social ladder. Don't complain, and you'll climb even faster.
You will find that - as you become friends with more and more successful people - that something is missing. The complaints are missing.
And the people have more answers.
And they are more successful than your old friends, and they'll start making you offers. REAL offers.
And another thing often starts to happen.
You may find that you do not have to climb every single rung on the ladder to success . . .
Make friends. Help others - and ask for nothing in return.
Be a real friend to people, and you'll be helped more than you expect.
Laugh if you want - I don't care.
But it's true that the more you give, the more you get.
Ummm - ok, I'll get down off my soapbox now.

#52966 by qtrtilldawn
Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:38 am
If that is your voice, you have a chance. We must remember who has the money to purchase the CD's. My grandkids in my case now-a-days.

It, your music, like many responses here is not my style. But that was not the question. I think you can make it in and around the Tampa area with no problem. But what is your meaning of: "Make It"? Sell a million CD's, or make enough to pay rent?

No real name band will talk to you without an Agent or Manager in place. They are just trying to be polite!

Not just because this is my new fortay, you must contact a local 'agent'. And although my site is incomplete for now. It is there; DO NOT pay in advance for any agent/manager service. That is a scam!

If you do not contact an agent or manager, manage your self. Get gigs at the local bowling alley, American Legion, etc. Keep track of every gig. Get a CD of your music and sell it on site. Find a frickin High School party and advertise it yourself.

You do not want to ride the heels of another, no matter what their status is now.

Best of luck, Ron