This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#1999 by Mikeyman
Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:41 pm
I think it's a great idea... I know that I would have enjoyed that when I was younger.

You might look into an organization like DayJams as a possibility of partnering. I believe that they're based in Connecticut, but I was the keyboard instructor for their Plano camp this summer. It's aimed a bit younger - 9 to 15 I think - but there might be some synergy there...

If anything, I think 4 hours might even be too short for all that you're looking to cover... I'd be interested to hear how it turns out for you...

Mikey

#2007 by Guest
Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:44 pm
HI: It's a very good idea...best of luck with it.

#2012 by Irminsul
Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:00 am
I think it's a great idea! In my neck of the woods we have a local "School of Rock" sort of place, complete with a staff of teachers, rehearsal and instruction rooms, etc....and from what I hear they are doing great. There is quite a market need and I can't see why you wouldn't be able to tap into it.

#4126 by pajawz
Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:40 am
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttt idea

#4127 by pajawz
Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:43 am
Irminsul wrote:I think it's a great idea! In my neck of the woods we have a local "School of Rock" sort of place, complete with a staff of teachers, rehearsal and instruction rooms, etc....and from what I hear they are doing great. There is quite a market need and I can't see why you wouldn't be able to tap into it.
:arrow: :wink: :idea:

#4620 by Jerry OUO
Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:14 am
I too unite in solidarity to your worthy cause. Much success to you in your music educational endevour. Let's us know not only of your progress but what challenges you had to overcome.

PEACE!

#4626 by Shovelhed
Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:03 pm
Hey rgalloway,

My name's Hans and I'm actually in the D/FW area of Texas myself, and am 18 years of age (about to be 19). I live in Grapevine to be more specific. I'm actually in a local Hard Rock/ Heavy Metal band right now, kinda struggling with 1 less person and trying to get the rest of the members to learn the songs that we have down right now, but we are really looking forward to getting out into the world with our music. I think your idea is great and think it would help a lot of people around here because in the D/FW area there are a lot of younger local bands that do decent but could use a little "push" if you know what I mean. Right now I'm actually attending Northwood University in Cedar Hill to major in Entertainment Sport and Promotion Management. I have also played gigs around the area and am pretty used to setting up and getting things ready at gigs as well as promoting things. But I could always use more knowledge in doing things easier. Let me know how things go I'd love to either be a student or even help set things up. I'm a dedicated musician and I definately see music being a part of my life for the rest of my life. Great idea, keep us posted!

-Hans Bobermin
Drummer for Shovelhed