This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#289109 by catfur
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:48 am
Your local Public Broadcast Station and Ethan Bortnick have partnered up for a new TV show called Celebration of Music. This is a great opportunity for young, local musicians to showcase their talent on tv. There is no cost to audition or if selected as a contestant.

We are looking for all musical acts/genres (bands, soloists, duets, choirs, instrumentalists, a cappella, and even dancers) age 4-25 years old are welcome to audition. While we cannot guarantee that you/your client will be picked for the National TV version of the show, we truly believe that they should apply/fill out the form for the creative producers to consider.

Current Cities:
North Dakota (Praire Public) - PBS Television Station
South Dakota (SDPB) - PBS Television Station
Houston, TX (Virtual Only)
Tallahassee, FL (WFSU) - Televised
Austin, MN (KSMQ) - Televised
Duluth, MN (WDSE) - Televised
Troy, NY - Televised
Minneapolis, MN
Scranton, PA

The show will star, the PBS national artist, Ethan Bortnick who will be advising and judging the talent, asking questions and sharing his experiences on PBS. Once the contestants are picked, they will be given an online presence on our website and there will be online voting to see who wins. We will then air the videos you send in on your local Public Broadcast Channel for thousands to see in your area.

Then, all contestants will come to Ethan's live concert and the winner will be announced. All contestants will get to perform a group number live with Ethan at his concert. The winner will also be able to record a single, perform a solo at the concert and be featured on the National Television show - Celebration of Music in Los Angeles, California, which will be taped for the entire country to watch on PBS!

If you have any questions, please email me. Auditions will close in a week or when we have enough contestants. Below are some links and we wish you good luck!

It's an ONLINE audition here is the link:
https://celebrationofmusic.com/audition

(please put Catherine when it asks recruiter's name) Make sure you share a URL of a video clip of you performing. You can share as many links as you like the more the better. If you are under 18 years of age obtain your parents permission.
Feel free to check out our website and the contestant pages from other cities. www.celebrationofmusic.com

About Ethan Bortnick https://ethanbortnick.com/bio
#289121 by schmedidiah
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:22 pm
Here's what I want.

A limo to and from the airport.
4 star accommodations
4 star meals included
Pay me $100 hr for my time
A professional massage therapist
Promise I will win

Then I'll consider it.

:lol:
#290035 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:20 pm
Hey, no need to be rude just because you're too old to qualify to audition!
#293265 by schmedidiah
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:44 pm
this is fascinating. Mike, do you see this in your post?

"Last bumped by catfur on 01 Dec 2018 01:20 pm."
#293266 by schmedidiah
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:45 pm
schmedidiah wrote:this is fascinating. Mike, do you see this in your post?

"Last bumped by catfur on 01 Dec 2018 01:20 pm."

*should have gotten a screenshot. went away after I posted* :roll: