This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276073 by Planetguy
Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:46 pm
there's more than a few things on my list that i'd score before dropping $3500 on that.
#276083 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:18 pm
I watched some of a 360 video from an amateur race car in a race a few weeks ago. Whole 20 minute race was recorded (how much memory does that take?), but the thing that bugged me was that other than the parts of the race car you could see (camera was mounted at the top of the windshield) nothing was in focus and the frame rate was too slow for good capture of fast motion. There must be cheaper versions of this camera out there.
#276152 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:13 pm
No, this camera is the best thing at that price by far, which has nothing to do with the scenario of bad footage from a race car you've described.

Moving scenes can be hard to stitch perfectly, especially moving that fast. And now matter how good your camera is, 4k is as high as most people could view it. This camera shoots in 8k
#276962 by mike3465
Tue May 30, 2017 5:59 pm
It's NOT Going to help a crappy song is it >>>ha ha can it make a bed of roses out of a pile of crapp? future of music ...don't think so bro...
#276963 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue May 30, 2017 8:14 pm
When it comes to music, what is crap and what is roses is completely subjective.

It's all in the framing

Trends are rushing to VR at breakneck speed. Some are born leaders and others are destined to follow apparently

:roll:
#276964 by schmedidiah
Tue May 30, 2017 9:14 pm
mike3465 wrote:It's NOT Going to help a crappy song is it >>>ha ha can it make a bed of roses out of a pile of crapp? future of music ...don't think so bro...

Bed Of Roses by Bon Jovi? It is a pile of crap. :D
#276966 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue May 30, 2017 9:31 pm
Since this original post there is a better option for a high quality (low cost) VR camera

The ZCam S1 is about 2k if you don't need to broadcast live. They sell a desktop with software that's 5k for the whole package if you do.

However, the Orah can broadcast live for about 3.5 k