This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#270223 by robbie552170
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:56 pm
Video and audio streaming services are taking the lion's share of the
profits,while the songwriters get practically nothing per stream.
Without us they don't have a business,Professionals make a living
from all forms of revenue. It's time for us to be heard,musician's
are not afraid to speak out,I've had a lot of responses to my previous
post,this is good for all concerned. go to http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/raise- ... y=16979338
#271028 by hussey1173309
Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:56 am
I'd say that keeping in mind the end goal to be viewed as a "decent" musician and paid well, your melodies would need to offer once they were recorded. In the event that you have a notoriety of composing hit melodies that offer a great many duplicates, you are paid. The music business is a 'what have you accomplished for me of late' business. Makes hits, get paid. Once your hits quit coming, you're viewed as cleaned up. Please Visit Our Website: Essay Services UK - FreshEssays
#272251 by RGMixProject
Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:44 pm
Joel Clyde wrote:What else is new? We've been getting the shaft forever. That's why the internet is a musician's best friend. Now, anyone can sell their music, create their own podcasts, etc....., and get to keep most of the money. As long as we can keep the internet free and open (by free, I mean without governmental or business influence), then we will be free to earn a living on our own terms. We can eat what we kill.......

Repeat after me

I will not be a cannibal

I will not be a cannibal

I will not be a cannibal
#272463 by micah1055705
Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:59 pm
retail album sales as well as streaming has always favored the corporations. promote live music. As long as people are streaming or buying music from retail sources this won't change. Live venues allow you to direct market your stuff. Support each other and get in front of audiences. Live music is way down so the smaller bands are having a harder time. Support each other and reciprocate with others bands you respect on marketing, share audiences if possible. Remind people to shop local in their music just like their produce.