This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#11549 by Danielstevens2002
Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:49 am
I think it's funny that we are on here and we have undoubtedly showed our distaste to what the industry is doing to itself and to all of the people that are out there.

I wonder how much longer it will take before SOMEONE who is in the industry finds this and begins to reply to some of the questions that we all ask.

I hope that one day someone in the industry see's what is being written in here and they get all pissed off and start writing back trying to defend what they do lol.

When it comes to the kinds of things that we have talked about do you think that some of the people who have worked on something of that nature have felt extremely bad for what they had done?

I recall one night in Nashville my Vocal coach had set up a songwriters night at the Blue Bird cafe. It was me and a few other people plus Mrs.Judy who were playing. The night was pretty cool then after that we went to Ruby Tuesdays to get something to eat and they had the CMA's on the Television well they had Leeann Ryhmes doing a song on there.

Well My vocal coach had co written One Way Ticket for Leeann Ryhmes and she thought that was a great achievement. WELL when Leeann came out on the TV with dancers and all sorts of britney spears type stuff my vocal coach turned beat red in the face and she said a few explitives then just covered her face.

It was like her child had just been slaughtered right in front of her. Now she has that on her track record as a number one hit and all that happy jazz but she does not like Leeann anymore lol.

I felt so bad for her and what had happened with all of it. We all cracked jokes about leeann to make her feel better and eventually she got over it but at that moment in time I saw someone who watched one of there pieces of work shoot streight down the toilet.

How many people do you think experience this time of heartache?

#11577 by True_Calling
Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:39 pm
For real!!! OUCH!!!

I don't know of anyone like that but I can imagine the pain!!!
I don't really understand artists who play music they didn't write unless it's one or two songs out of 10 or something like that!

For people who wanna make the living and don't know how to write,,, I MEAN I GET IT, but don't know if I could ever do it!

I feel your VOX coaches pain!

Tony Parma
www.Myspace.com/DITD1