This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#32948 by Mr_Britt
Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:57 pm
Wow! Tough crowd!

#32951 by philbymon
Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:29 pm
LOL, Paul, don't take it personal.

We are a very varied bunch, here at BM.

I'm sure there's more than a few that appreciate & agree totally with your views.

My own are a little out there for most ppl, & I accept that. Doesn't change a thing in my headbone, though.

#32953 by gbheil
Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:47 pm
I'm Christian, not perfect. When Jesus ran the damned bankers out of the Church with a whip. It was violent. And it was not sin.
I happen to have the recepe for that cocktail. weapons, thousands of rounds of ammo food, water, medical supplies, knowlege and training. But my cat tells me it's not time for that yet. How do you unite a people so self absorbed and disinfranchised. I dont know.
I am not placeing myself above that crowd mind you. I am a slave to the bankers, by my own hand. Yet I dont think its too late for me, or my Countrymen. I have a plan! God grant me strength.

#32968 by Mr_Britt
Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:59 pm
My cat usually just tells me when it's time for food !

I clearly understand him when he yells "Now! NOW!!" over and over... Too bad he doesn't appreciate us sticking to the scheduled times!

But he's keeping his plans for taking America and the world back from Corporate Feudalism a closely guarded secret!

:lol:

And now back to the topic...

Hey, Black57! What was the name of that Christian Band you saw in the OC?

#32983 by gbheil
Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:24 pm
NOISY KUNG FU !!
oops sorry, that just slipped out.

#32991 by Mr_Britt
Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:17 pm
:lol: I just totally dig your band name, dude! Do you throw flying roundhouse kicks on stage too?!?!! Sweet!

#33001 by gbheil
Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:20 pm
No flying round house thats just too Korean for my taste. :lol:
We used to practice in my MMA gym before I "retired" from all that due to age, injury, and a desire to focus on music. The name just kinda stuck to us.

#35457 by JoshP
Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:16 am
So i totally feel cheated after reading the thesis paper on why bars and strip clubs are evil. All that effort and thought and no real persuasion. I skipped the other 400 comments and figured i would respond like many others... but with a question. is it the BAR and STRIP CLUB that is evil or is it the people inside and the decisions they are making? Obviously my answer is self evident. if it is the peoples actions that are not good, then is that uncommon? as Christians we approach the world with the understanding that people are not basically good. "we all fall short of the glory of God," thanks Paul. so by the same accord, should we avoid computer stores because they sell an easy gateway to appease our bountiful sexual appetite? or all you can eat buffets because they yield gluttony? for that matter we should stay away from cars because they lead to speeding and if we are to be responsible citizens based on the context of Mathew 17:24-27, we accept speeding as a sin. my point is that it is not the manner in which we disassociate with sin/sinners, it is the way we handle the temptation when it comes our way. after all we will never be able to completely avoid sin. I really base my opinion that Christians should have no problem going into bars, strip clubs are a different thesis paper, on Luke 7, most notably the latter half verses 33 through 50. However i do encourage the reading of the entire chapter to gain a contextual understanding.

maybe read it here.

http://bible1.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudy ... howtools=0
#35549 by mistermikev
Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:29 pm
True_Calling wrote:WOW It's good to see so many Christian Musicians!!! I posted this at the end of a Chain but I don't think that anyone will see it and I wanted to get in on the FUN!!!! Ok sorry for the Cheese. With my bands name being "Dawn IN The Darkness" we went over and over the idea of playing in BARS. Now there's a difference between playing at a bar and a venue. A bar, with ALL EXCUSES aside, is a place MADE FOR SIN. What happens in bars,,, and when we say bars we're NOT talking about a Restaurant with a bar like fridays or Pepi's or something like that,,, a BAR. Here's what you find during the time when Music is played, usually around 8-2 or 4am. Women who are dressed like prostitutes, 80% of the people are intoxicated beyond inteligent conversation or comprehension, lude behavior. The lure is NOT the music, Music is the add on, just like the "GRILL" side of "BAR and grill" It's not a venue, where Music IS the attraction, and the BAR is the add on. Sure at a venue, there will be those sloshed out of their comprehension,,, but there is still a sea of others who are there FOOOOOORRRRR the music.

are you trying to convert the ppul who don't sin or the people who do? (I know technically everyone sins... so the people who sin little or the people who sin lots?)
(this is rhetorical I'm not looking down my nose at you, hopefully pointing out that there are few with greater need for saving)
hate the sin not the man
Last edited by mistermikev on Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#35550 by mistermikev
Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:02 pm
ps irminsul... thanks a lot - it's gonna take several malt beverages to erase that image from my mind (you opening the door with yer kilt down).

#35575 by ColtColby
Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:45 am
Im a Christian. Im not perfect just like everyone else on here. I believe Christ said Go into all the world. That would include the bars and strip clubs. We are in the world but not of the world. I witnessed to a friend of mine tonite in the bar. Its more than what you "do", they see you for who you are. Are you better than them???? I am them, I just know Jesus Christ. I can never be perfect or better than them. Lets just try and get them to heaven. Life is bigger than you or me brother, let it go. It all comes down to what Christ did for us because we can't do it for ourselves and I think everyone of us are perfect examples of that.

#35576 by ColtColby
Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:54 am
Wow, what's the music for????? Are you for the music or are you for your faith. Peter was a murderer. What is your down fall. Dude, you need to pray about it. I think your satisfying your own flesh with your music and saying to hell with the sinners. What better place to win souls than in a bar. Unless your soul is weak and easliy tempted. Know thy self. Read your bible.

#35581 by gbheil
Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:31 am
And of "dont throw your pearls before swine"? Read your own Bible. Not just the parts you want to throw at others. I am attempting through my music to spread the Gospel where there may be fertile ground and to strengthen the Body. Not where the only thing the guy next to me is thinking about is banging the bar tender. To say do this or do that because Jesus did. Well, I am not Jesus. And it is my duty as a Christian to myself and my family to limit the temptation and stumbling blocks for myself. Hell after a few drinks all I will be thinking about is banging the bar tender. So much for my witnessing in a strip club.

#36159 by mistermikev
Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:06 pm
not sure you were referring to me sans... as you seem to have missed the point... but there is a contradiction to every line in the bible. that's what makes it such an arguable script.

"don't throw yer pearls..." - it also says 'judge not lest ye be judged'...
so how can you deem someone swine without judgment?

i don't use this logic to try and disprove anything... both are true. both are false.

If you thought I said "live like jesus" you are way off.
you and I should try... and we all fall short - even of the trying,

I fall the shortest but at least I know I'm falling.

#36168 by The Hunter
Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:07 am
A Secular world is a sane world.