This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#260325 by denton1130179
Mon May 30, 2016 1:35 pm
My name is Denton and i am needing some advice. I have been playing guitar for about ten years now and I want to join a band that predominantly plays metal. Any tips on what I should be looking for in a person if im going to start a band, or even join one? Is there things some one like me who is new to the whole band search? Will I need recording equipment or what? I just don't know and if anyone could point me in the right direction It'd be very appreciated. :D
#260327 by schmedidiah
Mon May 30, 2016 2:02 pm
What? Ten years and no band experience? Luckily, metal is the number one thing anyone will be playing around your area (most likely). Check out Craigslist. Use your profile on bandmix to search for players on certain instruments in your area. All the tools are there. No one browses this forum looking for players. They just post ads looking for players. Good luck!

Also, since you asked. Recording equipment should be at the bottom of the list. Form a band. Figure out what you're doing in that department first. If you do need to record, you can pick up a handheld unit with 2 condenser mics that makes tracks uploadable to the Internet for $200.
#260370 by GuitarMikeB
Tue May 31, 2016 1:06 pm
You don't need recording equipment to be in a band - however bands may want to "pre-audtiion" you by hearing you play. You can use your phone to record a video (or just audio) of you playing.