This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#252354 by joe1105508
Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:34 pm
Facebook have launched their app "Mentions" which allows artists to post live video feeds to fan club users.

I would urge any artist or band thinking of using this service to think very hard about why Facebook are offering this service. Already as an artist you are handing over some of your rights on your work when you upload your videos to YouTube, you are handing over your rights to Instagram and Facebook when you upload your photographs and you are handing over your rights when uploading music to services like SoundCloud.

In fact simply by uploading your files you are agreeing to allow these services to;
copy, repost, transmit or otherwise distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, adapt, prepare derivative works of, compile, make available and otherwise communicate to the public

So why not broadcast live on Facebook?
Because when you stream live content, which could include a song rendition or interview: Facebook own it too.

I learned about this at http://www.gigrev.com/blog/think-twice-using-facebooks-mention/#sthash.IgjcbcNI.dpuf
#252397 by schmedidiah
Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:30 pm
And Zuckerberg didn't give me that money last week, either! :lol: