This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#241482 by kevin1062094
Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:29 pm
Quit using Facebook as your only marketing tool!

Successful marketing includes a blend of media mix. But when you are just starting out, well, there are budget constraints. If your idea was to just set up a page on Facebook and then the next stop would be the Apollo... Let's just say it will probably be a long wait. You need to promote yourself. You know that, I know that and Facebook knows that. Did you know that Facebook wants you to actually pay them money to promote yourself on their page? (I guess they do have to keep the electricity on) I found this article on Musformation.com

Jesse Cannon writes; Over a year ago, we learned that Facebook would no longer allow Pages (like your band page or small business) to communicate with all of the people who have clicked on your page. Instead, they would only let you contact 15-20% of the people who liked your page unless you paid money to “promote” your page. Well, it turns out, it gets worse… Valleywag has up an article that Facebook plans on only allowing you to contact 1-2% of the people who have liked your page unless you pay Facebook to talk to them.

I have heard stories like TDS Guns in Rocklin, CA who had thousands of followers, had his Facebook account reset and had to start all over from scratch. Now, please understand, the pupose of this article is not to bash Facebook. It, your website, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterst should all be part of your marketing strategy. Unfortunately, relying on just one of these does not give you the digital footprint that will take you to the next level. Just being talented and playing your music is not a sound strategy for successful marketing. Fans want apps, and your Mobile App will tie all of it together to give you the chance to go viral and make you known! Mobile Apps for Bands is the future and it's here now!

Want some more info? Check here;
http://kcgene01.wix.com/mobilebandapps
#246540 by Bradley Boy
Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:46 pm
No artist should ever stop at Facebook when it comes to promoting your music. You should have your own website and use other social networks and forums for promotion. Sites like Sound Cloud are great for musicians to promote their songs.
#257228 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:44 pm
Just Randy wrote:I've been going to fourms, including this one and just using youtube. But in time I'm looking at soundcloud, Bandcamp, and reverbnation. I also heard Patreon is good too. I would prolly use that as a sort of fan club for those who donate money for bundles of merch when I get that established.

Also, this is my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLIq2Q ... MBaX06WdEw

You won't build much of a fan base by posting on forums that only have musicians on them. No matter which or how many online sites you post your music on, you've got to do the promotion yourself, and getting out and playing in front of people is the best way to do it.
#258009 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:45 pm
Just Randy wrote:I'm willing to go the distance.... I've put this off too long. I'm 27 and not getting any younger.

That's the time to get serious. Don't wait until you're an old f*ck like the rest of us!
#258229 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:24 pm
Just Randy wrote:Guys, check it out!

This thing is supposed to be a Youtube bootcamp thing to help kickstart your channel.

http://youtube.force.com/EventRegistrat ... _camp&rd=1

That's the registration page, any more info on what it actually is?
#258636 by schmedidiah
Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:30 am
Wow! That crow song has me hooked. Powerful performance. Nice layout on the page, too.