This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#239846 by barbara1054794
Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:21 am
Let's say that your lead singer was the star of a reality show, the premise of which was not something with which you would want to be associated. Would you use that association to draw a crowd to local venues (provided that the vocalist was ok with it and to do so did not conflict with the show's contractual agreements)?
#239852 by Badstrat
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:20 am
"Let's say that your lead singer was the star of a reality show, the premise of which was not something with which you would want to be associated. Would you use that association to draw a crowd to local venues (provided that the vocalist was ok with it and to do so did not conflict with the show's contractual agreements)?"

I guess it depends on how strong your moral values are. If you are contemplating selling them I guess the next question would have to be are you going to be a cheap ho or a well paid ho? Right? :)
#239864 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:25 pm
Reality show fans are unlikely to be live-music fans.
#239901 by schmedidiah
Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:30 am
Maybe it gets butts in the seats. Once. I don't think it could sustain any following. If you're that desperate for a break, maybe the owner of the club would give you a second booking. But keeping those people engaged?
Mike's right, they'll be thinking what shows are on now, what shows could I make if I left now? I think these programs cause a release of dopamine in the brain, or something. It's crazy, the addictive effects they have on people.