This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#239788 by bandtactics
Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:14 pm
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVZYrbtlYT4

As musicians, we learn more and more each time we go into the recording studio. If you have never experienced spending time in a professional recording studio, then there can be a lot to think about. Sean Stack, lead engineer at Fat Cat Recording Studio in Sacramento, Ca, talks a little about what bands and musicians should expect and prepare for when going in to record. Save time, money, and heartache by preparing for studio investment.

Please add any questions or comments you feel necessary; anything that will help musicians who might be new to the game.

Check Sean out if you are thinking about recording; he is a masterful producer/engineer: http://www.fatcatrecording.com/

Head over to Bandtactics.com for more music industry resources and subscribe to the newsletter to stay informed on new content and videos!

Music Intro by Kryáda: http://kryada.bandcamp.com/
#239790 by Badstrat
Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:44 pm
Wrong place to advertise.

At Bandmix, we are all professional recording engineers. In fact, some of us are so dedicated to recording that we even have recording studios in our living rooms, dens, and bedrooms.

We're all pro's dude. :)
#239795 by MikeTalbot
Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:41 am
All but me. When it comes to recording I'm something of a dumb ass. Thank goodness for youtube - I'm actually figuring out my DAW. (at last)

Talbot
#239803 by Planetguy
Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:27 am
not only are we all recording engineers, but most of us have become music teachers after taking a three wk course offered us here on this very site! after completing that i'm now enrolled in a three wk dental program so i can offer free dental service to all my buddies here at BM. Haley...you're first up, right?

still more of us have learned to grow a magnificent head of hair from another vendor who visited us not long ago.

then there are those of us who really don't understand what you mean because recently Phil And His Travelling Pharmacy has been mailing tea to all interested parties.

anyhow.....good luck w the sales.
#239828 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:05 pm
Planetguy wrote:not only are we all recording engineers, but most of us have become music teachers after taking a three wk course offered us here on this very site! after completing that i'm now enrolled in a three wk dental program so i can offer free dental service to all my buddies here at BM. Haley...you're first up, right?

still more of us have learned to grow a magnificent head of hair from another vendor who visited us not long ago.

then there are those of us who really don't understand what you mean because recently Phil And His Travelling Pharmacy has been mailing tea to all interested parties.

anyhow.....good luck w the sales.

Don't forget we are all expert timekeepers now from taking advantage of the fantastic watch deals spammed here, as well! :mrgreen:
#240071 by RhythmMan-2
Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:25 am
How to Prepare For the Recording Studio?
Make sure you know the ending of the song.