This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#232580 by JohnnyBoo
Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:09 pm
Hi guys,

I am John, I am new to the forum, well actually I been reading it for a while, but I decided to become active only now.

I am a musician amateur just like most of you, but my passion is social media. So I decided to couple my 2 passions music+social media,
and I came up with my website socialzook.com where I am helping fellow musicians to boost their online popularity.

I am here today to share my passion with you all, and If I can help you by giving the head start that you need to increase your music promotion,
then just let me know.
You can find out more about me and my passion if you visit my website SocialZook(.)com
My motto is go from amateur to pro and stand above the crowd.
I do believe that music is mean to be shared to the world, I am here to help you do that.

Cheers.

#232582 by gbheil
Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:37 pm
Not sure what to make out of all this social media business John.
We utilize Facebook to some extent, and it has been beneficial to some degree. But honestly I've played in shows with bands with ten times our "friend count" and not a dang one of the showed up.
I doubt they are buying their music either.

All seems a terrible waste of time and resources.
#236226 by NNL
Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:49 pm
Social media could actually be the dark horse for musicians and songwriters to finally make a ton of money and not just have gigging as the main source of income but actually have their music download sales out perform their income with gigs along.
By licensing the resell of tracks yourself from your own website to convert the music buyer into a music reseller for income, it's possible to make five figures a month. The more connections and friends you have on a social site, the more outrageous your income can become.
Of course, this turns the traditional royalty and retail industry upside down on it's head. The current system only works for major label companies and established well known artists who gets all the mad radio airplay nationwide. However, it sucks for the unknown yet very talented and creative artists that by sheer numbers, no way they'll all ever get signed to a major label, yet alone get mad radio airplay.
I just setup my website at http://PeppyTrax.com but I will soon be putting more new stuff I composed up on it. The tracks that's there now are stuff I produced back in 2001. I'm looking to do some killer stuff soon that will be very different from what's there.
One thing about the personal license to resell downloads is that you have to have the guts to do it. If you're scared to death of other people retailing your tracks then this is not for you. If you think you'd like to try this out, then take a peek at my site. If you need help to setup your own site like this, I'll soon have a video to show you how to do it.
Social Media I think is the dark horse for artists to finally make a killing distributing their music online.

Neil Lemon/ http://PeppyTrax.com 8)
#236234 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:36 pm
Jazz Host wrote:Social media could actually be the dark horse for musicians and songwriters to finally make a ton of money and not just have gigging as the main source of income but actually have their music download sales out perform their income with gigs along.
By licensing the resell of tracks yourself from your own website to convert the music buyer into a music reseller for income, it's possible to make five figures a month. The more connections and friends you have on a social site, the more outrageous your income can become.
Of course, this turns the traditional royalty and retail industry upside down on it's head. The current system only works for major label companies and established well known artists who gets all the mad radio airplay nationwide. However, it sucks for the unknown yet very talented and creative artists that by sheer numbers, no way they'll all ever get signed to a major label, yet alone get mad radio airplay.
I just setup my website at http://PeppyTrax.com but I will soon be putting more new stuff I composed up on it. The tracks that's there now are stuff I produced back in 2001. I'm looking to do some killer stuff soon that will be very different from what's there.
One thing about the personal license to resell downloads is that you have to have the guts to do it. If you're scared to death of other people retailing your tracks then this is not for you. If you think you'd like to try this out, then take a peek at my site. If you need help to setup your own site like this, I'll soon have a video to show you how to do it.
Social Media I think is the dark horse for artists to finally make a killing distributing their music online.

Neil Lemon/ http://PeppyTrax.com 8)

Please come back in a month and let us know how your new income source is coming along!

Interesting quote from someone regarding young people buying downloads:

If you and/or your band is good and the songs are really strong, you can sell a few cds at gigs to people over 35 years-old. Younger audience members don't buy cds, and when they download music, they seldom if ever pay for it. In fact, last night in my Technology & Society class, we were actually talking about this. There were 40 students in it, and I asked how many of them have bought a cd in the past month; 1 hand went up. I then asked how many have downloaded music in the past week; every hand went up. Finally, I asked how many actually paid the $.99 or $1.29 for it; no hands. Not a single student paid for the music. There are dozens of pirate sites that they use. If one gets shut down, it will simply re-open somewhere else.