This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#7203 by SDavis22
Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:55 am
How do you feel about contemporary music (no matter the genre)? If you're happy with it, what are the reasons for your contentment? If you're dissatisfied, what are the reasons why and do you have any solutions? I would love to read all of your thoughts, ideas, convictions, etc. Hopefully this will make for a good discussion...

#7636 by mistermikev
Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:26 pm
good idea for a post.
I am pissed about the current state of music.
Unfortunately the mcdonaldization of the music industry has led to crappy music being readily available everywhere! Don't get me wrong... the people will always gravitate towards good art so every now and then some gets through on their shoulders but for the most part it is dumbed down, sexed up and boring as all hell. I think the solution is happening as we speak... places like limewire and napster have screwed the bigwigs right in the pocketbook... and I'm all for burning it to the ground. Sites like myspace and this one and collab are making it so the little guy has an audience... and a chance to make money! The prob is, they are getting wind. Soon they will be over here trying to charge for the chat we're having right now. $50 at ticketmaster.... might as well call em slavemaster. They've had 20years or so of haveing there way with the music we hear on the radio, or on mtv or whereever. Now it's time the ppul take it back. I wan't to hear local acts everywhere. To hell with million dollar images and uninspired overproduced studio krap. I wan't to see local guys get paid decent. I wan't to see the studio musician behind the scenes get his name on the album credits. I want to see the real musicians... not the milli vanilli crap they can control and sell. I don't ever want to see ppul pay $50 to watch madonna lip sync to her recording because even she can't live up to her own image.
wow, that felt good. ok, see ya.