This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#11388 by Danielstevens2002
Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:47 am
Here is the question. ARe you sure those people aren't being to judgemental of others? I am christian myself. I know god is real cause he has saved my ass several times but because I cuss like a sailor and smoke ciggarets I bet they wouldn't think I was a very christian individual.

When peoples expectations become to high they begin to be judgmental. Like me. I hate stupid drivers so now i cratique everyone I see on the interstate. Is that the right thing to do. Heavens no but I do it and I applogize for it everyday.

Maybe they should lower there expectations a little bit and realise that humanity is humanity. If a person is a good person then why couldn't they play with this band. Do they have to have holes in there hand wearing a crown of thorns for them to finally say your hired?

This happens way to often and it is sad that people are this way. It's the reason why so many people don't like christianity. :)
#11389 by Danielstevens2002
Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:52 am
It's amazing reading all of the responses you guy's have lol. OH mighty christians of Malice lol. You all are angry at each other lol. Satanists are more kind to each other then you guy's are lol.

As far as a christian band playing in a bar. what is wrong with that? If there material is good and not all hymnalls then it shouldn't be that big of a deal. It's when christians who think they are better then everyone else that is when you have a problem.

The answers to alot of everyones questions on here are very easy. I just don't understand why you guy's arfue so much. It's freakin insanity. Just think god is looking at what you are typing. Do you think he is impressed? Or do you think he is appauled?

I am sure you are all good individuals. It is not my place to say if people are good or bad but I can say that arguments never bring answers. They only bring words brought on by pride.
#11394 by JJW III
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:14 am
Danielstevens2002 wrote:It's amazing reading all of the responses you guy's have lol. OH mighty christians of Malice lol. You all are angry at each other lol. Satanists are more kind to each other then you guy's are lol.

As far as a christian band playing in a bar. what is wrong with that? If there material is good and not all hymnalls then it shouldn't be that big of a deal. It's when christians who think they are better then everyone else that is when you have a problem.

The answers to alot of everyones questions on here are very easy. I just don't understand why you guy's arfue so much. It's freakin insanity. Just think god is looking at what you are typing. Do you think he is impressed? Or do you think he is appauled?

I am sure you are all good individuals. It is not my place to say if people are good or bad but I can say that arguments never bring answers. They only bring words brought on by pride.

I could not agree with you more and, I don't know why I even mix up in these discussions.

#11396 by True_Calling
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:40 am
To the two before me. I never claim anything but that I follow Christ. You both "claim" this too. But you've both stated things that were formulated by things OUTSIDE, or CONTRADICTORY to his word.

Christian: (roughly translated) Little Christ
If a Christian does not strive to live by what the BIBLE SAYS, then how is that person a CHRISTIAN?

If you're not backed up by the word, then how are you any different than anyone else who isn't?

The things I said are opinions backed by Biblical belief. You know my views. But they are only my opinion! There is way to much hostility here!

To: Daniel
"Shall we go on sinning that Grace may abound,,, CERTAINLY NOT!"
-The Bible
"Maybe they should lower there expectations a little bit"
-Daniel
"Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beg you to walk worthily of the calling with which you were called"
-The Bible

Christians or those who claim to be, who live as the world does (EVERYONE FALLS,,,, THAT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!! That's where GRACE TRULY COMES IN!!!) are the reason why the world is Confussed and doesn't want to waste their time on a people who DON'T EVEN BELIEVE WHAT THEY PREACH ENOUGH TO LIVE IT!!!

You say "lower our expectations" and that only brings people who see no difference between "Christians" and those in the world.

If you don't back up your life with the Word, then why even bother saying that you are a follower of CHRIST,,, after all, he said "in the beggining was the word, and the word was WITH GOD, and the word WAS GOD!"
"and the word became FLESH and DWELT AMONG US!"

Brothers, you need to be rebuked, NOT BY ONE who is any better than you, but BY WHAT THE WORD ACTUALLY SAYS!

Tony Parma
JUSTIFIED NOT BY SELF, but by the BLOOD OF JESUS!
www.myspace.com/DITD1

#11397 by Irminsul
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:54 am
The only complaint I have about Christian rock is that it sounds "same-y" and uninspired.

Who knows....as soon as it gets the "spark" it may actually sound like something.

#11401 by True_Calling
Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:22 am
Have you checked out my bands page?

Listen to Crushing mercy or Legacy of Death (on this page) all the way through, and let me know what you think about this music,,, written, produced, and preformed by Followers of Christ,,, NOT to be confused with "Christian music"

YIKES!!!

I hear you on that one too! Most "Christian music" TO ME, sucks in my opinion, simply because it doesn't really compete with secular music.
The only bands in acception IN MY OPINION, is
DECYFER DOWN! Good stuff.
Stuff off of SKILLETS last TWO albums ONLY!!! (as far as competing with secular music)
MAYBE one or two of PILLARS songs. And,,,, that's about it as far as Metal.

I don't really know to much else. MOST Christians will argure "NO BRO, it's good music, Christian music is great,,, OOOOO Charlie, let's go to candy mountain, CHAaAaARLIeEeEe, CANDY MOUNTAINNNNNNnnnn!!!!" (if you know what that means, then you get the attitude I feel from them and are probably laughing histarically right now!!!)

But there reason is that they probably don't have much of a high musical standard and/or are content to having only Christian listeners,,, which is HUGE irony!!!

As always,
Peace.

P.S. Dude I saw some of your other coments and really dig your style!!! You make me laugh, but also,,, The one about agreeing with the guy who said "You should probably right about the morals behind the religion and not the religion.." OK, let me know what you think of the lyrics,,, and I posted that same queistion to one of my songs on the GENERAL CHAT forum "NUMB" let me know what you think when you get time.

THANKS!
Tony Parma
www.myspace.com/DITD1

#11403 by JJW III
Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:43 am
True_Calling wrote:To the two before me. I never claim anything but that I follow Christ. You both "claim" this too. But you've both stated things that were formulated by things OUTSIDE, or CONTRADICTORY to his word.

Christian: (roughly translated) Little Christ
If a Christian does not strive to live by what the BIBLE SAYS, then how is that person a CHRISTIAN?

If you're not backed up by the word, then how are you any different than anyone else who isn't?

The things I said are opinions backed by Biblical belief. You know my views. But they are only my opinion! There is way to much hostility here!

To: Daniel
"Shall we go on sinning that Grace may abound,,, CERTAINLY NOT!"
-The Bible
"Maybe they should lower there expectations a little bit"
-Daniel
"Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beg you to walk worthily of the calling with which you were called"
-The Bible

Christians or those who claim to be, who live as the world does (EVERYONE FALLS,,,, THAT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!! That's where GRACE TRULY COMES IN!!!) are the reason why the world is Confussed and doesn't want to waste their time on a people who DON'T EVEN BELIEVE WHAT THEY PREACH ENOUGH TO LIVE IT!!!

You say "lower our expectations" and that only brings people who see no difference between "Christians" and those in the world.

If you don't back up your life with the Word, then why even bother saying that you are a follower of CHRIST,,, after all, he said "in the beggining was the word, and the word was WITH GOD, and the word WAS GOD!"
"and the word became FLESH and DWELT AMONG US!"

Brothers, you need to be rebuked, NOT BY ONE who is any better than you, but BY WHAT THE WORD ACTUALLY SAYS!

Tony Parma
JUSTIFIED NOT BY SELF, but by the BLOOD OF JESUS!
www.myspace.com/DITD1

I give you Luke 18:9

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[a] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'
13"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

14"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

I thank God every day that his son Jesus Christ, my Lord and saviour died to save a wretch like me.

#11406 by True_Calling
Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:53 am
NEVER EVEN ONCE did I say that I had any self justification by anyother means than the BLOOD OF JESUS! and those verses are completely out of CONTEXT!!!

You are not at all interested in what I'm saying at all.

And when one Christian does as he is comanded he is not saying that he is better than anyone!

Paul wrote this
IMITATE YOUR LEADERS,,,

He also wrote MANY MANY LETTERS challenging and shapening.
When a Christian brings forth the word of God, it doesn't make him better than anyone! Next time follower your own convictions without being so offended or defensive. And anyone who would read this Chain would plainly see that I never said that I was better than anyone, OOOOORRRRR that I had no self justification by any other means than the blood of JESUS and was NOT OFF and was backed ONLY by scripture. It's Christians who Take things OUT OF CONTEXT as you have once again, that make Christians look bad.

#11407 by True_Calling
Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:04 am
My thing about bars/Christians was to DEFEND people who DO go to bars and GODs RESPECT for those people.

PEOPLE DON'T GO TO BARS, LOOKING FOR JESUS!!!

Everyone knows that there is a time and a place for all things. YES the CHRISTIANS are supposed to be ready to share their faith, but you wouldn't go to someone WHILE they're in bed with someone elses wife and try to talk to them about adultery! NO! OBVIOUSLY!!! You'd wait for an opportune time because YOU,,, NOT THEY (perhaps) believe that its wrong and would like to talk to them about it.

DON'T GO TO BARS ANNOYING PEOPLE about JESUS when they (9 times out of TEN) go there specifically to BE LEFT ALONE about stuff like "RELIGION" which talking about JESUS in a bar would be percieved as!

LEAVE THEM ALONE, TRUST GOD to bring HIS truth and LOVE to them when GOD is ready.

PERIOD

Tony Parma
www.myspace.com/DITD1

#11415 by Irminsul
Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:53 am
Actually, I went to a bar once with Jesus and he stuck me with the tab. I'm pretty pissed about that still. Just because you're The Son of Man doesnt mean you can welch on a bar tab, mofo.

#11420 by True_Calling
Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:15 am
YEAH DUDE WATCH OUT, I hear he's big on WINE!!!
LOL
NICE!!!! I KNOW JUST CAUSE HIS DAD's GoOoOoD and all!!!
www.myspace.com/DITD1

#11422 by True_Calling
Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:18 am
Irminsul wrote:The only complaint I have about Christian rock is that it sounds "same-y" and uninspired..

Seriously dude, did you check out my band, and it's not Rock, it's metal.

Let me know what you think about the material?
Thanks.

#11441 by JJW III
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:26 pm
Retracted
Last edited by JJW III on Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#11443 by RhythmMan
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:56 pm
Wow, please don't take offense, but reading all this squabbling reminds me why I'm not involved with religious groups. Sorry . . .

#11444 by JJW III
Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:21 pm
BluesRockFunkJazz wrote:Wow, please don't take offense, but reading all this squabbling reminds me why I'm not involved with religious groups. Sorry . . .

No offense taken and you are 100% correct. So I have retracted my statement so as not to proliferate the bickering.

Suffice to say I do not agree with True-calling.