This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#545 by rhart1817
Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:48 am
I am a regular at a church here in town, but it is not your usual Baptist church. They have a pretty good band that plays before the service, and they also play at other churches and they are trying to get some gigs at a few select venues.

I mentioned BandMix, but the next week they said that there wasn't much in the way of Christian musicians. Are there any faith based musicians here?

RE:

#546 by hdsss47
Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:32 pm
I used to play in my church's worship service for a few years. It was a great experience at the time and I got to meet a lot of great people. I felt like branching off and doing my own thing after a time, I had felt like I had contributed what I could in that setting. I now create my own original music with some Christian influences, but feel more freedom to explore different types of music.

#547 by Jesus Rocks 2
Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:28 pm
I'm not a musician, I direct the programming for a real cool contemporary church. I came to this site to see if I could come in contact with Christian musicians and encourage them to come by and play with us. I know what hdsss47 is saying. It's real easy to get locked into the cookie-cutter CCM thing. That's why we really try to mix things up. I figure, hey when you've been given a gift take it out for a drive and see what it can do. Push the limits. Some people might not always understand but if your heart is right then be free and worship the one who loved you first. Any Christian musicians in the Atlanta area looking for a place to play - A LOT!
#548 by domainmarket
Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:00 am
I always new there were some good Christian bands out there, but I never knew there were many churches that used it as a part of thier service.

I was wondering if Christian bands played in the usual venues where alcohol is served? If not, do churches accept musicians that do? I have to make a living, which means playing all over the place, but I have no problem playing at a church.
#549 by domainmarket
Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:00 am
I always new there were some good Christian bands out there, but I never knew there were many churches that used it as a part of thier service.

I was wondering if Christian bands played in the usual venues where alcohol is served? If not, do churches accept musicians that do? I have to make a living, which means playing all over the place, but I have no problem playing at a church.

#550 by squirrelmaster
Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:00 am
My Church uses a band to begin and end thier service. I believe it is a great medium to identify with the unchurched and get them to come on a regular basis.
#551 by Maple
Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:01 pm
Say Hi to everyone:
I am new here and also a Chrisitan!
Why let the church band bother us!
We are the church! :lol:
Victoria
#552 by Guest
Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:10 am
Well, hi there, my name is Lyndsay. I myself am a Christian, however I could never see myself in a "Christian band." I go to church and all that, but I wouldn't want to limit myself to what I write about. I think that most people are going to watch u closely and make sure you're acting perfect and "Christian" if your band is labeled as such, and I really don't think I could live up to that! I am influenced by mostly secular music, only a few Christian artists, I love P.O.D. and 12 Stones. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you're a true music artist and also a Christian, just write the music, and THEN decide if it should be labeled "Christian" or "secular"- and we all know that eventually it will have to get labeled! You shouldn't TRY to make it either one, whatever is real to you, that's how it should be named. I don't sing "praise Jesus" in my lyrics, in fact, i don't ever mention that, but I do have songs that talk about salvation and God. Some people in the church may not agree with my style but I could care less. If you would like to check my music out, please do and let me know what you think! Thanks
www.myspace.com/forsakentruthband

#553 by epi_lespaul445
Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:14 am
finnaly some faith musicians. yeh guys, i wish there were more christian musicians on these chats. me and my band, Autumn's Breaking have been working on a couple faith originals and ive done a couple solo ones my self. if you can, please send me some of your originals to my profile. god bless
#840 by mixmasta212
Wed May 24, 2006 3:38 pm
God is the head of my life and that's the only kind of inspiration i need for my music. i'm not afraid to rap about the troubles of this world, b/c the truth needs to be heard. i represent the word of God to tha fullest. i'm looking for places to play live and/ or some kind of sponsor or something. listen and tell me what you think at
www.betarecords.com/mixmasta212
#1015 by cheekybrown
Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:27 pm
Hey Compadres!
Just wondering if you guys would know where I could go or start looking for some work in background vocal recording or for bands/groups for their live performance. I put music on hold while starting a family and I am ready to jump in again, but not interested in leading a band.
Thanks <><
Cb 8)

#1098 by Smits
Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:42 pm
I am a christian musician. Problem I have is that I cannot find commited christian musicians to play in a band. I finally got in touch with a guy I used to play in a praise band with in high school, and he is gonna join me. But I still have other positions in the band that need filling. I specify "christian musicians" because this will be a christian band, whether labeled that or not, so I feel that the members of the band need to be able to hold to the christian standard.

I see no problem in the band playing the club scene as well as playing for churches and youth groups. Woujld like to find some like minded individuals.

So if anyone knows anybody around the Mobile, Alabama area that would fit in this band. Please let me know, or get them in contact with me.

My email is [email protected]
#1100 by wallflower
Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:38 am
Hey Smits,
I was hoping I may find you here somewhere. I just registered today. I saw your profile and think we could probably get together. We live very close to each other. I am a female vocalist who loves to sing inspirational music and am looking for other musicians who enjoy playing and singing the same. If you are interested in meeting let me know. I haven't completed my profile but there is some information about me there.
wallflower !!!

#1113 by Cejuba
Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:46 am
As a christan who is commited to putting God at the center of my life, most of my inspiration comes from my walk with Christ. I've just started composing and find solace in writing from a christian perspecive. I do listen to secular music and find both secular and christian music inspiring but always come back to writing about God and what he has done in my life.
I'm not in a band now, but think that we all fall short when it comes to being a perfect christan. Its the music and the message that's important , not the musican. So I am not as concerned about people see me, but more of how God sees me.
I sing at church now and am looking for other opportunities to use my talent.
#1919 by Linda Christian
Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:11 pm
Hi My husband and I play Christian music; we've performed in church. In fact, we're the only ones in our church that actually play instruments and sing! I've written my own songs, but I like to perform Christian songs from the 1980's.