This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#160126 by Liesl
Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:45 pm
Hi, we're trying to find a great name for our retro singing/dancing/other act, and one idea is Sugartown or Sugar Town--also the name of a Nancy Sinatra song from 1966.

I know bands have used names from other song LYRICS, do you know of any that used a song title?

I know The Veronica's were being sued from Archie comics, if I remember correctly, so its not looking good.

Thanks a lot for advice!!

-L
USA

#191117 by ellelaurelrose
Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:12 am
Oh, you got me worried for a minute. I didn't even think of that and when I Googled the band name I want (a few days ago, not now), a song title came up. Some artist I never heard of... That is important for all to know. ;-) No such inspiration. (I was actually kind of inspired by a movie and movies in general, but time will tell if the name WILL be used, and for many good reasons, I hush.)

Anyway, I think we're safe...
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/list-of-th ... itles.html

Hazzah!

Or at least the Rolling Stones survived...

ETA:

Hey, I also sign my name (often, like in email)...
v

-L

#191158 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:26 pm
You can't copyright a song title. You can register a band name - typically in each state, not nationally all at once. Don't know about other countries.