This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#137286 by ScionoftheDragonphoenix
Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:06 pm
and is qualitatively superior to all other bands. Discuss.
#137290 by RGMixProject
Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:35 pm
ScionoftheDragonphoenix wrote:and is qualitatively superior to all other bands. Discuss.

What is there to discuss? You are superior and we are not worthy.
#137295 by gbheil
Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:16 pm
RGMixProject wrote:
ScionoftheDragonphoenix wrote:and is qualitatively superior to all other bands. Discuss.

What is there to discuss? You are superior and we are not worthy.

x2

I'd bow down but my arthritis is acting up ...

#137326 by ScionoftheDragonphoenix
Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:40 am
Well I totally agree although that is a somewhat nihilistic approach to hold. Although my band of course reigns supreme for all eternity other bands still have a chance at number 2! :D

#137602 by fisherman bob
Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:54 am
Your band may reign supreme but when I say "jump" you say "how high."

#137630 by gbheil
Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:46 pm
And ... " may I come down now " :lol:

#137632 by RGMixProject
Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:57 pm
sanshouheil wrote:And ... " may I come down now " :lol:

Step one - rase your right arm
Step Two - Rase your left foot
Step Three - Rase your left arm
Step Four - Rase your right foot

Ahh

much better :wink:

#137778 by ScionoftheDragonphoenix
Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:44 am
Actually when you say jump I ask wtf you are on that would give you the impression that I would mindlessly follow such a command from anyone besides a trusted adviser :roll:

#137878 by philbymon
Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:40 am
Do the hokey pokey!

(What if that's REALLY what it's all about?)

Ya got da ballz,coming in here with an announcement like that...hope ya got da chops...but there's some pretty heavy competition in here, so I dunno if such a pronouncement will carry that much weight in these here parts.

It might work on Musicians Forest...give it a good ol' college try!

#138070 by ScionoftheDragonphoenix
Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:37 am
I certainly have some skill. Most of my point whats this; however, as ironic as it might seem...

It is useless to try and compare musical skill quantitatively because its such a personal thing. In most cases to say a band or musician is 'better' than another is just not a fair comparison to make.

Granted there are exceptions for extreme cases, like it seems legit to say the beetles were better than vanilla ice but there will always be people who would dispute even such an obviously correct comparison.

Yet musicians still have their little rivalries all the time, especially guitar players. And each band is striving for acclaim but what it means to really be the best is something much more intangible than it might seem.

#138162 by fisherman bob
Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:28 am
sanshouheil wrote:And ... " may I come down now " :lol:
I wouldn't dare tell YOU to jump, I know better than that...

#138163 by fisherman bob
Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:30 am
philbymon wrote:Do the hokey pokey!

(What if that's REALLY what it's all about?)

Ya got da ballz,coming in here with an announcement like that...hope ya got da chops...but there's some pretty heavy competition in here, so I dunno if such a pronouncement will carry that much weight in these here parts.

It might work on Musicians Forest...give it a good ol' college try!
I wrote a really disgusting parody of the Hokey Pokey. If I put the lyrics on here I might be banned from Bandmix for life. You can only imagine...

#138319 by ScionoftheDragonphoenix
Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:59 pm
actually that sounds quite interesting, if not a little disturbing simultaneously haha

#146260 by drag57
Sun May 08, 2011 5:29 pm
i agree with philbymon and the fisherman.there is someone always better,like us,better guitars,better vocals,no thats way better vocals and drums.we are just superior,we could play your sh*t better than you!now go home and cry to mama and tell her how the big city metal bastards made you feel.come to LA to the shark frenzy,we`re hungry.we sound better live as well,no bragg just facts. i`ve heard the fishermans stuff and it`s far superior to your junk.that`s what happens when you ask for it drag queen phoenix.

#157531 by REAXion2
Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:53 am
dragonnphoenix should go listen to your stuff. A very clear mix, lots of separation and space for each instrument and the vocals. If you come to Connecticut, let us know. You sound great!