This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#93221 by BREAK RED
Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:48 pm
In the music scene... when it comes to labels and contracts... most of the time the not only want talent but they want a look. They want marketability. And lets face it... no matter how much we view our talents as art and creativity.. to the labels... it's MONEY. To them its... how much money can these guys bring us.
As a result.. we have lots of bands that are "Pro Tooled" to death and then you hear them live and they sound totally different because live sound is just that... "Live"

My band, 747, welp... we said... The hell with all that, and decided to back to old school. Our first demo was recorded on 2 inch tape... analogue ... What you hear when you hear our music is us playing as a band... Naturally we had to dub in guitar solos and BGV's but overall its us. Raw and Loud.

I hope you guys check it out and enjoy... we feel that we are starting a new Revolution... We want to bring Rock and Roll back to being Rock and Roll ... with so many talented musicians and bands out there it's a privilage to share the stage with them and hopefully we'll see some of you guys out there and kick some Rock and Roll ass....

Stop by and check us out !!

Sincerely.....
http://www.myspace.com/747jax[/url]

#93232 by Dessalines
Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:54 pm
Me likey... Very nice recordings, clear and very well produced. I listened to "100 Miles To Go" and "Sunshine Superstar", and sampled the others. I liked both tunes Iistened to completely but was very impressed with "Superstar". Nice tune. Well arranged. The vocalist has the pipes for the genre. Guitars are well recorded. Use of the acoustic is very effective. Harmonies are very nice and the best part in that song is the use of the violin. Very nice indeed.

#93239 by BREAK RED
Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:14 pm
Awesome ... thanks for checking out our "stuff" it's appreciated... thanks for the feedback. =o)

Cheers !!!

#93540 by Kramerguy
Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:42 pm
Light it up reminded me of the OLD OLD deep purple lol, good vibe!

Sunshine was not my cup of tea, but sounded good.

100 miles to go - guitar solo sounded so 'done before'. I'd challenge the guitarist (if it's you, then yourself lol) to re-invent the wheel like you are doing with the songs themselves.