This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#116446 by philbymon
Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:19 pm
I never had any problem in this area. I think it's cuz I'm GORGEOUS!!!

#120146 by AirViking
Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:13 am
philbymon wrote:I never had any problem in this area. I think it's cuz I'm GORGEOUS!!!

model at the same time you play :) cant hurt to try huh?
#183365 by 3046412309 bass
Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:10 am
AirViking wrote:Pretty straight forward on this.
Im just wondering if over all, better looking guys/girls get more opprotunities.
:evil: Yes and No , are soicity is based alot an looks , but it's really the music that is what makes you not the way you look . It does help to be good looking though .

#183370 by Starfish Scott
Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:05 am
"Good looking" can't hurt you but beware making "performance faces" as you play. I just found out I has a puss on last performance and it got recorded, so I get to listen to the in house heckle-squad.

#183400 by gbheil
Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:54 pm
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:"Good looking" can't hurt you but beware making "performance faces" as you play. I just found out I has a puss on last performance and it got recorded, so I get to listen to the in house heckle-squad.

That's funny. I don't think there has been a picture shot of me playing that I was not making funny faces.
I always make funny faces when I am being intense.

I'll just have to live with the ridicule I guess. :lol:

#183418 by Starfish Scott
Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:03 pm
It's situational, George.

I don't want to hear it from my "bag end doughnut eater squad atm".
They are harsh and getting harsher, although so far they seem content to operate on the crowd. (you know I dig that) lol

Oh and the other one, is "try to keep your mouth closed while making a face if you have to". I didn't realize people can see the chip on my tooth when this occurs.

It's always something..lol

#185698 by TsadiGee
Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:35 pm
With ONE exception, it seems like everybody who responded was a guy. GUYS get away w/ being overweight, bald, and generally unattractive, as long as they're TALENTED. Not so true for the front man, though. He's usually gotta be talented AND panty-melter HAWT!

GIRLS (ladies? females? women?!) are expected to be gorgeous...or at least have access to a makeup person who can make us look flawless (...and a personal trainer, who can build a rockin' body)! My former voice coach told me that "there is no excuse for an ugly woman to be on the stage, unless she has the talent of a Goddess." Of course, my DAD said: "Looks fade. Get (and keep!) your skill level on '10', so nobody can accuse you of being 'just another pretty face'." After I finished GAGGING, I chose to follow Dad's advice. LoL

#185753 by gbheil
Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:51 am
joi471453 wrote:With ONE exception, it seems like everybody who responded was a guy. GUYS get away w/ being overweight, bald, and generally unattractive, as long as they're TALENTED. Not so true for the front man, though. He's usually gotta be talented AND panty-melter HAWT!

GIRLS (ladies? females? women?!) are expected to be gorgeous...or at least have access to a makeup person who can make us look flawless (...and a personal trainer, who can build a rockin' body)! My former voice coach told me that "there is no excuse for an ugly woman to be on the stage, unless she has the talent of a Goddess." Of course, my DAD said: "Looks fade. Get (and keep!) your skill level on '10', so nobody can accuse you of being 'just another pretty face'." After I finished GAGGING, I chose to follow Dad's advice. LoL

You make a valid point about the general shallowness of the human race.
There are always exceptions.
I personally don't give a damn about how a performer looks.
Does their performance catch my attention, hold my attention and entertain?
That's the meat of the matter.
Sure some hot broad can dance around in a thong and get a crowd whether she can sing or not.
That however is selling sex . . . not music.
In my book that makes her a prostitute . . . not a musician.

#186095 by Starfish Scott
Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:00 pm
If the performer can play, they can be as ugly as the hunchback of Notre Dame.

Just bring your "A" game and don't be weak about it.

Commit to the moment and do what you do.

#186947 by TsadiGee
Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:44 am
sanshouheil wrote:You make a valid point about the general shallowness of the human race.
There are always exceptions.
I personally don't give a damn about how a performer looks.
Does their performance catch my attention, hold my attention and entertain?
That's the meat of the matter.
Sure some hot broad can dance around in a thong and get a crowd whether she can sing or not.
That however is selling sex . . . not music.
In my book that makes her a prostitute . . . not a musician.

I agree with u on ALL POINTS...the problem is this: nobody cares what we, as performers/musicians, think. We go to check out the quality of the music, stage presence, set-up, equipment; while the "PTB" only care about how much loot they can make on the act...which means they have to be "ready for (their) close-up, Mr. DeMille!" Shallow? Hell yeah, which is why the music industry is slowly(?) going to hell in the proverbial handbasket. Their credo is "Sex Sells!" so why, again, do we expect better of them? LoL

#203460 by LynnMagnuson
Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:12 am
I go to a concert to hear MUSIC. If good lucks/fashion or whatever were my interest ... I'd go to a fashion show and listen to the jukebox. To me, the music is important. The only appearance thing which would really put me off would be really offensive type stuff ... but whether the musicians are good looking or ugly doesn't matter to me as long as they can play and/or sing!

Lynn in New Orleans

P.S. There are a LOT of musicians here, and a lot of wannabes too :)

#203471 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:02 pm
LynnMagnuson wrote:I go to a concert to hear MUSIC. If good lucks/fashion or whatever were my interest ... I'd go to a fashion show and listen to the jukebox. To me, the music is important. The only appearance thing which would really put me off would be really offensive type stuff ... but whether the musicians are good looking or ugly doesn't matter to me as long as they can play and/or sing!

Lynn in New Orleans

P.S. There are a LOT of musicians here, and a lot of wannabes too :)

That's the difference between a musician going to a show/concert and a non-musician.
Welcome to the forums!

#229819 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:52 pm
Zim66 wrote:Look at Jon Oliva from savatage, trans siberian Orchestra ,etc. he was kinda heavy in the 80s and now hes really unhealthy big but tours all over the world.

TSO is all about the show, not so much about the individual performers (except for the girl singers of course).

#229831 by Starfish Scott
Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:49 pm
Speaking of TSO, "WIZARDS OF WINTER" are looking for people..

http://allentown.craigslist.org/muc/4317960772.html

(2) 20something vocalists.. (pee-u)

It'd almost be worth it, if they were playing anything that was appealing.

I'd rather hear "Meatloaf", which they resemble. lol (rim shot and crash cymbal)

(Bring us some Figgy pudding, oh bring us some Figgy pudding, oh bring us some Figgy pudding and bring it right here)