This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#73719 by Andragon
Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:13 am
jw123 wrote:I removed my GWAR pictures from my photobucket or I would post a few.

Good. Let the scars heal :(

#74317 by ZXYZ
Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:02 am
Where is the green smiley face puking up his toenails when you need him.

Here ya go, Sans..

Weirdest thing I ever did was putting too much explosives in the pyrotechnic devices. Nobody got hurt, but you could hear the girls screaming over the band.. and we were pretty loud (out-door show) .. :P

#74328 by ratsass
Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:53 am
ZXYZ wrote:Weirdest thing I ever did was putting too much explosives in the pyrotechnic devices. Nobody got hurt, but you could hear the girls screaming over the band.. and we were pretty loud (out-door show) .. :P

LOL, that's funny Z. The first band I was in here in Ozark used to do the old flame pots thing with smokeless black powder. We always used the same kind, but once we had this gig at a Catholic place called the Roundhouse. We had given the drummer the $20 to pick up the powder and when he came in he had found some for just $15. So, the show is going good, decent crowd, good sound, and then...time for the fire pots. We set them off and the crowd went wild. Halfway into the song, things got dimmer, and then, it was hard to see at all. The place was filling up with smoke. They had to open all the doors and windows. As chaos was setting in, I started the opening riffs of "Smoke on the Water" (we hadn't worked this one out before). The whole band kicked in and since I knew it well, we did the whole song and the crowd went WILD!!! It's been on my setlist ever since. :)

#74359 by gbheil
Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:28 pm
LOL, blue works too.

Rat's prolly the reason we cant use phue pots any longer. :twisted:

#74405 by ZXYZ
Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:33 pm
Funny story Rat! Inventive-thinking on your feet; smoke-on-the-water. LOL.
The stuff I used to buy was from a theatrical supply place in Nashville, it came it 2 separate bottles (you had to mix it yourself) called "concussion powder" and didn't make much flash, but sent out a huge subsonic shockwave that would hit you and about knock you over. Also was very expensive for a poor chap like me back then but once in a while waz fun .. melikes pyro stuff! :twisted:

-Yeh, couldnt find a green one, Sans, hope he'll do.. :P

#79597 by norain
Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:45 pm
Playing Country Music in a Mesa, AZ bar one time and all was going smoothly. In the middle of a song a drunk came up on the dance floor smiling at the male lead singer from about 2 feet away. All at once the singer (Enos) just up and socked the poor drunk guy. I thought we'd all end up in jail. The drunk lying flat on the dance floor just laughed and shouted "all right". Weird.
#86171 by AudioVibe
Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:52 pm
I also saw Marilyn Manson, open for Danzig, along with Korn. Never heard of either one, as I went for Danzig. Well, I was a long-haired, leather wearing freak...one I will be again, but when Marilyn Manson crouched down on the stage and ramblingon about how he was scum and everyone has to spit on him. I said that was too much for me.

#86378 by Andragon
Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:25 pm
Hell yea Danzig rules!

#92453 by Metalhead90
Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:49 am
My memory wasn't exaclty on stage, well I was on stage doing background vocals to Linkin Park's One Step Closer with my friend's dad's cover band,Slab. I got cheered off stage and it was a great feeling. After that mess, a guy was so wasted, he was dancing around the ballroom and bumped into the sound table and got into 2 fights outside. by the time the night was over, he passed out on a side bench in the ballroom. Even Slab's roadie took a picture and posted it on their web site. *sniffs and tears up*

#92471 by Starfish Scott
Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:30 pm
"recorded for posterity" lmao

#92490 by Metalhead90
Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:56 pm
Oh and recently this past Summer, my friend's band was playing for our town festival and they said they are gonna play Crazy Bitch, but have the words cut out. They messed up 4 times on trying to cover the curse words, because there was kids in the crowd. The drummer, my friend, said that he was a plummer and can swear, the funny part is its actually true XD

#94807 by Sidewinderga
Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:01 pm
When I was in the band Kaos Inc. in Okinawa, playing at the Hideaway, my other guitar player John John, looked into a strobe light & fell backwards into the drumset.

#100207 by Nature_Boy
Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 am
Buddy of mine was playing somewhere up around New York back in the eighties when a drunk kept heckeling him during one of his solos. My buddy finally reached his breaking point and put the butt end of his Les Paul through the drunks front teeth. He knocked out most of them. On the next break the drunk bought my buddy a beer.

#100601 by 55 honda
Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:05 am
Weirdest thing I know of never happened to me but to my dad's band when he played. This would have been early 90's
They had a good following and lots of regular faces at their gigs. Somehow a rumour had got out about the singer being hung like a horse (apparently true)
During one of the songs, a girl gets on stage , unzips the singer and flops his manhood out. Mouse (the singer) being the consumate professional just carried on singing, never missed a note. The girl goes back into the crowd and Mouse is still there with his pecker out, carrying on like nothing happened.
Another girl gets on stage, and puts his dick away for him and zips him up then disappears back into the crowd. Mouse carried on singing all the way through, never missed a note, stumbled a word or anything. Now that's a true professional!

#102516 by bundydude
Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:36 am
I thought this was pretty cool. Ratt was on the "Invasion of your Privacy" tour, can't remember the exact year. It was at the now, long gone, Richfield coliseum, in Ohio. BonJovi was the opening act, one release prior to them blowing up ( Their second album, something to do with degree's ? ). Anyway, BonJovi were finishing up an extended ending to one of they're songs, instrumentally, and began leading into the following number. Jon was off stage and came running, full bore onto stage, right as the vocal were to begin. As he did, his left foot caught the edge of the drum riser, he fell chest/belly flat on the stage and slid 8 to 15 feet that way, much like a skeleton luger, across the stage. It had to hurt!!! He sprung to his feet, like nothing happened, caught the beginning of the vocal right on time and continued on. I was a teenager at the time and was like, " WOW! "

I didn't realize it then, but later, it dawned on me how professional this was. I was not a huge BonJovi fan, although, I didn't mind them. In fact, I was there to see Ratt. I should have understood his level of professionalism then...I did not. I can even recall the big smile on his face after the fact. Being 17/18 years old, I thought it was awesome.