This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#56691 by philbymon
Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:39 pm
What's the strangest thing you ever saw or did on stage?

I think one of the oddest I ever saw was Lori Anderson. She had these girls dressed in black leotards, & they teamed up in pairs, tangled themselves into spider shapes, & crawled across the stage as she performed. That was really out there, mostly b/c they were so damned good at it.

Strangest thing I ever did, back in my heavy smokin' & drinkin' days in '75, was drop my pants & show off my weird underwear on a challenge from some woman in the audience who'd bought them for me, & her friends. Yep, I stood there & did a whole song with my drawers at my ankles all by myself on the stage. Got yelled at by the club owner afterwards, but there was a lot of talk about it by the patrons at the time, & no complaints, I might add!

:oops:

#56696 by Andragon
Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:13 pm
Phil, you outlaw :P
I tripped on cords before. But I didn't fall face first..
Stage diving is good... as long as there's a few to catch you :|

Yea, that's the WILDEST :shock:

#57477 by HowlinJ
Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:49 am
Cin and I once seen Wendy O Williams implode a television set with a chrome plated sledgehammer , after turning the channel to "The Tonight Show". She slammed that sucker right into Johnny Carson's face, while the rest of The Plasmatics were jammin' their balls off at maximum volume!. :twisted:
( and I thought The Who and Alice Cooper put on a show!....damn, Wendy made them look like choir boys in comparison, plus ... she had boobs!) :wink:

Howlin'

#57496 by jw123
Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:32 pm
Not necessarily on stage, but at our gigs sometimes we get into some longer sets and our bassist has taken to running off stage and taking a pee. One place had a little porch where you load the gear in and he stood on it and peed. Some body got a picture of him but you couldnt see anything!

I shouldnt have posted this!

I see lots of weirdness with our audience, but I dont feel comfortable posting much about it cause a couple of them have found me here. Last gig I got asked about a post on here.

Theres no where to hide they are so crazy, stalkers I tell you stalkers!

#57525 by Andragon
Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:50 pm
And you love it, John haha
Fun stuff.

#57773 by tnoel
Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:04 am
Watching Steven Tyler fall head first into the security pit and become unconcious during an Aerosmith show in 86' at Alpine Valley Wisconsin.
End of show very many thousand angry and heavily substance abusing people there thought it was less cool than I did

#60623 by ratsass
Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:49 pm
Many years ago (about 20 or so) my band played a late Friday night local gig (11 pm to 4 am) and then had to tear down and load up for an early benefit in another town the next day. We stopped at a music store on the way and picked up a delay unit we'd been saving up for, and used it for the first time at the benefit. We told our sound man not to overdo the delay, but the first set, all we could hear was delay. We kept telling him to turn it down but he never did. Well, on break the owner of the club that was having the benefit told us he loved our music and all drinks were free for us. I started tossing back quite a few shots of Wild Turkey, but I was so pissed at the soundman they didn't faze me. Then we tore down and went back to the late night gig for the second night. I just went back to drinking beers there but, evidently they set off the Turkey sometime during the night. We were doing Z Z Tops "Sharp Dressed Man" and I always did an "extended solo" on the last solo and everyone waited for me to bring them around to the ending. Well, our bass player was playing along but after awhile noticed I was doing a more extended solo than usual. He said he looked over at me and I was chin to chest, sound asleep, but still playing the solo. He came over and nudged me and I woke up and finished the song without missing a beat. So I guess I can honestly say that "I can play guitar in my sleep". :) That would be one of the weirdest things I've ever done.

#60679 by gbheil
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:55 am
Now thats funny ! :lol:

#60727 by Starfish Scott
Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:58 pm
I am reminded of when a few of us went to see AGENT ORANGE/QUICKSAND at CITY GARDENS.

Some jackass kid got up on stage to stage dive and instead he started to dance a little.

To Quicksands' credit, the singer didn't F with him.

Then the guy goes and turns one of the bassists' tuning keys while he's playing. The next thing you know, the bassist butt strokes this clown in the head and he goes tumbling into the crowd, apparently unconscious.

NOW, that was a show! lol

#62895 by mike barnes
Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:24 pm
After my band was unexpectedly let go from a steady gig. I sold a guitar to someone in the audience so I could make rent.

#63226 by SKM
Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:24 am
There WEIRDEST thing I saw on stage...

About six years I saw this metal band in Nashville. I don't remember the band name. I only remember the chorus of the song. The singer was violently screaming "Mad... Ma-yad!! Mad! Mad! Ma-yad!!" About the second time around of screaming "Ma-yad!" in the second chorus, the singer pulls something out of his pocket and puts it in his mouth. His mouth instantly starts foaming like you couldn't believe. I never knew a mouth could hold this much of any substance. Anyhow, as soon as his mouth starts foaming the band breaks into this jam and I'm thinking, "What a familar tune!" Then, while the singer is dancing a jig and smiling, his bandmates start singing, "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz... oh, what a relief it is."

#63312 by fisherman bob
Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:10 am
I was at a show with Hubert Sumlin playing guitar. He had a back up band and he was DRUNK, really DRUNK. The venue was packed wall to wall people. Hubert was playing a long guitar solo and was walking out into the crowd. The band was too friggin loud (like most bands), the crowd was friggin loud, it was really NOT a good show. Anyway, he's walking out into the crowd and goes too far and his guitar chord comes out of his amp. One of the other band members REELS him backward slowly and plugs it back into the amp. He walks out again and the chord comes out of the amp, and he gets REELED back in and plugged in. It happened a number of times. It didn't really matter because you could hardly hear his solo for the noise. It was THE strangest lamest thing I ever saw in a show. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Hubert was too drunk to even know what was happening IMO. Bizarre...

#69362 by Nature_Boy
Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:08 am
Your not alone philbymon, I did the same thing several years ago. We were playing this dump of a club that was devided into 2 sections. On one side was the band (us) & the other side were the pool tables. Apparently we weren't entertaining enough because there were only about 10 people on our side. It was then I announced that we may as well be playing in our birthday suits, people still wouldn't notice. I kicked in to "Wonderfull Tonight" and dropped my jeans to my ankles. I sang the whole song, extended solo and all like that. It was funny how the room filled up so fast. What ever it takes buddy! We never played there again.

#69400 by Kramerguy
Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:05 pm
weirdest thing I ever saw on stage: Gwar.

#69626 by Andragon
Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:33 pm
Kramerguy wrote:weirdest thing I ever saw on stage: Gwar.

Hahaha... wait.. you saw that? :?