This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#102517 by bundydude
Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:03 am
Here's another one...In the late 80's/early 90's, I played in a local Cleveland metal band, Treachery. We had a little b.s. song that we always ended our set with, titled " F.U. ", except spelled out. Our music was a blend of power/technical/progressive metal, with lots of notes, time changes, etc...So, ending the set with a five bar chord number, that had nothing more then the title words in the lyrics, was somewhat odd. But, the crowds loved it, I mean, really loved it. At this particular gig, we were ordered not to play that song, as the club owner did not approve. We, of course, said that we would agree to not play it, and the show went on. We played our set, as usual and as the final song ended, we went straight into the fore-mentioned song, to the sound man, club owner and promoters shock. We made it about 20 to 30 seconds into it (it was only around 2:00 minutes long), when they cut the house sound off on us. We continued to play at stage volume, the crowd looked around in confusion and as they realized what had happened, began to sing the two word lyric with us. We finished the song and was told that we would never play there again. The promoter comprehended the fact that the crowd loved the song, most coming just to see/hear us play it, and pleaded our case with the club. We played there many more times after that, including that song in our playlist and never had a word mentioned to us about it. Fight the power!!!!

#112963 by Tronix
Mon May 31, 2010 2:55 am
Two stories...

The local clear channel rock station, used to throw a free concert on the 4th of July weekend, and being central Florida, in July it was insanely hot and humid, so they had fire hoses, spraying down the pit area to cool off as many people as they could, well obviously mosh pits + wet sod = mud. It was great until the headliners came up, The Toadies.. no one was digging them, they sounded like crap, and because most of the fans we're there for the heavier bands, that came on earlier, not to mention it was 98 degrees and a bunch were drunk, so they started throwing chunks of mud and sod at the band, they hit the drummers cymbal stand and knocked it over, they hit the lead singer in the face, he got pissed, stopped the song, and scream "stop throwing Fing mud at me!"

I went to see a show with Rob Zombie opening for Korn, and while we was waiting in line to get in, some guys came up and handed us a cassette demo, for the then unknown Powerman 5000, which was interesting because it was actually the band handing the demos out, (we didn't figure that out till later, but Rob Zombies brother looks like him) apparently he pulled family strings with Rob, and tagged along on tour..anyway, almost everyone had one if not a few copies of this tape, and during Rob set, someone from about 10 feet from the stage threw one of the tapes at Rob and hit him right in the face. He stopped singing, and walked back towards his drummer and checked to see if he was bleeding, while he did it the band kept playing on, he stood back by the drum kit for a second with his hands on his hips, and right before the band was about to start the next measure, he came running up to the front of the stage and kicked a light rack into the audience, I don't know if it hit the guy that threw the tape, but it definitely went into his immediate area, and as he did it, he broke into the next verse,like he hadn't missed a beat.

Oh and I fell for the Metallica's stupid "accident" stunt at the end of one of their shows. I felt like a tard the next day.

#124517 by MaximumLawman
Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:51 am
The weirdest thing ever has got to be Bruce and Clarence making out during Thunder Road. That is the greatest WTF moment in rock history.

#126949 by BonhamCollins
Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:51 am
Ha. I went to Farm Aid 4 and saw drummer Steven Adler trip and fall as GnR was taking the stage!

#127003 by Starfish Scott
Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:34 pm
"This is what happens when worlds collide"
#127104 by keith73
Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:08 pm
We played at a national nudest camp convention, one I'll never forget.

#127110 by gbheil
Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:12 pm
I have to ask.

Did you play nude ??
#127119 by keith73
Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:17 pm
Well, since the crowd was mostly sans clothes, we were givin the option. We declined.

#127121 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:37 pm
playing in the nude?

WTF

Isn't that like some kind of bad dream where you look down and you are in your skives?

I like to think I got a solid/confident attitude when I play, but NAKED?>

OOhhh hell no.....

#127126 by gbheil
Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:55 pm
LOL

Shriveled up like a spider on a hot stove.
#127164 by keith73
Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:11 pm
AT the gig, they elected the King and queen of the nudes.
They judged on personality and suntan.
By the way we were invited back the following year at which time we did use the pool-sans clothes. :P

#137319 by fisherman bob
Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:30 am
I've never done anything weird on stage but I heard a story about Jimmy Reed, an old blues guitarist and singer who was a terrible drunk. At a show one time he walked just off stage, opened another guitarist's guitar case, and peed into it. He was so drunk he thought it was a toilet. True story.

#137431 by Barry Wilson
Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:53 am
My most embarrassing moment on stage, I still laugh to this day...

Grand Forks Hotel. First time we ever played there too. I made the mistake of going to my parents place and sampling home baked beans, probably too many, the day before. ya you can see where this is going...

We had 6 on stage. far left was kevin playing keys, joey guitar, leanne up front singing, me playing bass and art to my right on guitar. harley was on a drum riser. he used to have this fan blowing (allready laughing here) up from by his ride cymbal stand.

we were about 3 or 4 songs into the first set when it happened. I couldn't hold it. Art looks at me horrified and walks across the stage to stand by kevin, a couple seconds later leanne makes her way over, then joey... everyone but me and harley. I'm sure I am bright red at this moment because even people dancing are starting to notice (wipe tears from eyes to type)... harley is yelling ahhhhh and trying to kick his fan over, which happened to be one of his better securing jobs... we had to stop playing and open the doors around the stage

needless to say, Ive had a few embarrassing moments but I don't get embarrassed for nada anymore. that one cured me. I'd never been more embarrassed in my life. and yup we did play there again, and I got ribbed.

#152870 by blues edge
Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:53 pm
at alpine valley wisc around 1980, the Joni Mitchell backed by Pat Mathany band . Concert got rained out & everyone but jaco left the stage . we watched jaco barefoot , standing on the edge of the stage jammin his butt of until it lightening'd then he would run back and let the thunder roll though the valley. then he'd run back out & do it again . It took a while to realize he was jammin with the thunder & lightening. we were up standing on our seats going crazy while at least 3" of water was rushing under our seats. crazy ....good