This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

yep

#52888 by pixi
Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:09 am
agreed agreed agreed
i wish i had some of what i did in seattle.. much better quality.
this was recorded on basically one take, no mixing, no editing..
most people would call it "punk" but we were really going for a mixture of alternative/grunge/punk/rock/whatever felt right haha
so yeah, i agree with u on all of the above. it's messy, all over the place, etc.. but it was fun

#52911 by gbheil
Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:07 pm
Man I am sorry bout the repeat. I dont even know how that happened. :oops:
Thanks for posting the music pixi.
That is one of the coolist things about this site.
Good interaction with other musicians.
Well most of the time anyways. :roll:

#53095 by Andragon
Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:38 pm
Vox sound like Poe and Portishead combined in one. Instruments sound like something off of Jar of Flies.
#55441 by pixi
Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:46 am
SA-WEET.
i never heard any AIC with conspiracy design, but after listening to it, i completely hear it now
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
i luv AIC
can u tell?

#69238 by Black57
Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:57 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Fun? More like stupid!
Pranks are one thing but to jack with anothers health or safety?
Guys (people) only seem like creeps if you surround yourself with creeps.
No thanks. I prefer honest decent careing people. Let the creeps gather amoungst themselves at the shallow end of the gene pool.

Ditto!

#79595 by norain
Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:34 pm
One girl in a band of all guys is strange, of course, but also one guy in a girl band...I've done that, and its also pretty embarrassing at times. Fun until your girlfriend gets jealous. haha

#79611 by gbheil
Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:33 pm
Dude, I could just hang that one up. My wife would not have it.
She got testy when we auditioned a female drummer. LOL
#116602 by t_riot
Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:58 am
pixi wrote:i toured with a band i did vocals for years ago... and i'm just dying to let everyone know how crazy it was to be stuck on a bus with 4 guys!!! i did, however, learn how to change my clothes in front of them without revealing anything they didn't need to see ;-)
i did also learn that guys ARE creeps. everyone knows scott weiland's famous line "think u're kinda neat, then she tells me i'm a creep.." yeah. THAT was us.
they did weird things. it was almost like a movie of "jackass" every single day. they played so many pranks on each other... the one i remember to be the funniest was when guy #1 dumped packing peanuts and a live rattle snake into guy #2's bed... guy #2 freaked. i thought guy #1 was going to be killed that day... hahahahaha
man, i miss those days...

haha pixi i feel yeah. My first band had one other girl, but my last band was the one i toured with & i was the only girl. I felt awkward changing in front of one of the guys, the other 2 were like my brothers, so they didnt creep like that around me. But yeah we did crazy stuff like that too. They actually did one to me, but i got over it..lol. I was the 4th of july and we were in colorado, it was our day off from tour so we decided to get some firworks and have a lik fun. Well lets say we had too much fun cause the drummer shot me in the ass with a romancandle! it hurt! but yeah i miss life on the road!

#116954 by philbymon
Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:39 pm
"the drummer shot me in the ass with a romancandle"

See...that's why the wife won't let me buy fireworks anymore. I used to buy them, but every time I set something off, it went straight for her...no matter where I aimed it. I think she's like a fire magnet or something...

I hope you git him back for that!

#140047 by violetrock
Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:34 am
I would kill to have another girl playing with me. It definitely gets weird being the only girl in the band, sometimes you can just FEEL the testosterone. On the other hand, I should really learn how to play bass, so I could play the complicated bass solos (E,E,E,E) and have a million band invites as the coveted female bassist.

#140101 by gbheil
Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:01 pm
herfatality wrote:I would kill to have another girl playing with me. It definitely gets weird being the only girl in the band, sometimes you can just FEEL the testosterone. On the other hand, I should really learn how to play bass, so I could play the complicated bass solos (E,E,E,E) and have a million band invites as the coveted female bassist.

Soooooo ... is testosterone necessarily a bad thing ??

I mean ... I'm an RN, and work predominately with women.

Don't get me wrong now.
If God created anything better than women he kept it for himself.

But things just seem to flow a little better with a little testosterone amongst all that estrogen. 8)

#140104 by violetrock
Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:22 pm
Nothing wrong with testosterone at all. It's just sometimes I feel like a lot of potential female players can be somewhat intimidated by it ( I don't, but I think others may.)

#141090 by Greeniemagic
Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:04 pm
I absolutely love being the only girl in the band..Admitidly I was a little bit intimidated before I went to audition for them but then they did look a bit ibtimidating in the videos and stuff they sent lol but they are such fun to work with and my confidence has soured dince i've been with them..We are all totally relaxed with each other as well which is good and can be honest if we don't like something :)

#141537 by Krul
Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:23 am
I think being the only guy in a girl band would be really fun! And no, I'm not saying that in a perverted manner. I love hanging out with women. :D

#142226 by Folk Avery
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:47 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Fun? More like stupid!
Pranks are one thing but to jack with anothers health or safety?
Guys (people) only seem like creeps if you surround yourself with creeps.
No thanks. I prefer honest decent careing people. Let the creeps gather amoungst themselves at the shallow end of the gene pool.

yea i hear that, but they also know how to have fun. also i wouldn't call them creeps that sounds nasty i'd prefer nut-jobs. :p