This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#32029 by j9ohnatyahoodotcom
Wed May 21, 2008 5:43 am
Our worst time we had, we were an L.A. band called Chair. A club owner from St. Petersburg hired us to play at his place and promised us lodging. The lodging turned out to be the utility room at the club with 4 cots in it. 2000 flippin' miles we traveled for that.

#32054 by Andragon
Wed May 21, 2008 3:22 pm
The worst time, in my opinion, is when we go out to play a show, and the crowd is as still as statues, or extremely talkative. The sad thing is that it happens frequently. I once felt compelled to yell out "Shut up, so we can play the damn song" .. :shock:
Yea, that's my party pooper.

#37258 by AirViking
Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:56 pm
After a show i was in the pit and some guy stabbed me in the back.
thats pretty bad.

#37263 by AirViking
Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:05 am
not too mention he had one of OUR shirts on.
friggin metal heads know how to party.

Forgot to include that up above.

#37282 by Andragon
Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:36 am
ROFL irony at its best. Good one.

#38280 by Kramerguy
Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
I got nothing that can compare to a knifing in the back...

#38295 by gbheil
Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:02 am
Yea, rough crowd as they say.

#38377 by AirViking
Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:21 pm
metal heads... thats all i can say.

he didnt point me out, he was just swinging.
That probably doesnt sound any better.

#38660 by philbymon
Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:48 am
No no, AV...it makes me wanna find out where you're playing & jump right into the ol' mosh pit! I got a few knives, too. This sounds like fun!

#38662 by gbheil
Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:51 am
One word. "Katana" YEA BABY! :shock:

#38925 by AirViking
Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:55 pm
lol, well that might work in a pit.
we play in salem oregon most the time.
theres posters all over if you visit.

#158144 by Johnny Adams
Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:58 pm
The worst time I ever had touring was when we played a show in some small town in Louisiana, can't even remember the name of the place. It was just across the Mississippi River. The promoter that booked us really blew this one. He had talked it up very big like we were going to have a packed house (The usual story). When we arrived to load in, it was in the middle of a field just off the main interstate, with a little tiny make-shift stage, and rinky-dink pa system, crappy monitors, the works, and No lights. We set up did sound check and got back ready to play to maybe 15 people. On top of that, a truck came flying by on the interstate with a bbq grill on the back that flipped off the truck and set the medium on fire. Naturally, the smoke blew right toward the stage...We almost choked to death. Did the show, got back to the hotel room which we had to drive about 15 miles to reach in Natchez, Ms. The rooms were crappy...It just turned out to be a long long butt busting drive for nothing...Oh, and the promoter couldn't even pay all the money we had contracted for. It was a total flop...Had others that were close to that, but that one topped them all. :x

#158146 by PaperDog
Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:07 pm
How cool it would be to have a web site that Lists every club Owner that has ever stiffed a band for Pay, lodging,etc. Maybe the fans could review it, and avoid those places...thus drive these assholes out of business...

#168158 by RGMixProject
Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:21 am
OMG Last nights gig was over the top. Green Beer flyin' everywhere. Some guy jumped on a table and kicked a chick in the mouth.

You know what happened next.

What was a 4 hour gig turned out to be a hour and a half, two hour break, and played the last hour, " 1 to 2am.

We got paid, plus the owner found a couple of wallets with over a grand of cash and gave us a third of it for all the BS and he kept the rest for Bar damage.

#168169 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:14 pm
in 2009, I was driving to the hotel after a gig in Jerusalem about 2 AM. The road up Gethsemene was so slick because of rain that cars were sliding backwards down the mountain at me.

So the keyboard player and I tried to find Mt Scopus road instead...and ended up lost in an arab village of east Jerusalem. Pulled off the road to use GPS on my cell phone and a car with 4 arabs pulled up beside us to block us from getting back on the road and, though I don't speak arabic, they clearly were shouting about how we were going to die painfully. We were dead men if I couldn't trick them to move, so I put it in reverse and pointed forward to the left. I moved only about 3 feet backwards but when they moved with me, I was able to speed out behind them and escape. Had 2 more very close calls before I got to my room that night, but it was a miracle that they fell for that stupid trick.