This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#12518 by Starfish Scott
Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:10 pm
They just stuck a nut (plastic, not bone) in one of my vintage strats and made the guitar unplayable. The Low E string is literally 1/16th lower than it should be and do not want to correct it with out me paying more money than the original 150$ for a 50$ job.

If you deal with DAVE PHILLIPS, BEWARE....

#24496 by Starfish Scott
Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:32 pm
LOL As of 3/5/08 they took down their DAVE PHILLIPS MUSIC AND SOUND sign in Flemington. I think they had 1 too many people ask them about the quality or lack thereof of their work. LOL

#64285 by jack2009
Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:28 pm
as my point of view they never give quality on there track.let us this year how there doing.all the best to them from my side.
_______________________-
Cheap SEO
Last edited by jack2009 on Mon May 03, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

#64314 by fisherman bob
Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:49 pm
jack2009 wrote:as my point of view they never give quality on there track.let us this year how there doing.all the best to them from my side.
_______________________-
jack

gucci replicas
autonoleggio bologna

You may find that using proper grammar will aid you in communicating with your fellow musicians.

#64518 by Starfish Scott
Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:48 am
yeah right?

wtf is he saying?

#64522 by ratsass
Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:46 am
Say it in a Yoda voice and it makes a little more sense. :D

#64580 by gbheil
Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:06 pm
Use the farce Luke!

#64696 by Starfish Scott
Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:06 am
PS: I finally had a reputable guitar shop in edison repair that damage..

It only cost me 165$, not bad considering they charged me 150$ to f**k it up originally.

#64702 by gbheil
Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:40 am
Was it a chain Cap'n? Or an independant store?
A reputable luthier is worth his weight in guitar strings.

#64762 by Starfish Scott
Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:25 pm
Dave Phillips Music is the chain that I wouldn't even take a lousy acoustic to be repaired at..

And the Shop in Edison is a private shop within a regular guys' house.

Don't trust the name of things, trust the people doing the work.
If they do not come with pedigree, you may be buying a mutt.

#79361 by UmbraKeys
Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:43 pm
I have dealt with Dave Phillips Music for nearly 30 years ... back when Dave was working the counter, with one small store on Rt. 57 in Phillipsburg, NJ. For many years his stores were "the place" to shop, and his techs were excellent.

I stopped dealing with Dave Phillips Music not long after Dave added on to his first store and barricaded himself in his office ... because his stores were so successful, he needed to RUN the business, not the front of the store. He added two stores, and that is when things began to deteriorate.

My experiences with DPM over the past 10 years has dwindled drastically ... I still buy things there sometimes ... I have a friend who gives me his store discount, or will match Guitar Centers price on big ticket items. I don't take ANYTHING there for repairs (especially my Martin acoustic bass).

I believe your experience there is true ... sad, but true. I guess we all know the moral to this story ... go to a store to buy your gear, go to a craftsmen to keep it in condition.

Glad you had the repairs done right ... sorry that the whole thing cost you more than $300 ... lesson learned.