This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#264920 by Deadguitars
Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:02 am
Starts about a hour before the gig and culminates w a vomit session about 10 mins before we hit it
Bandmates have pretty much accepted this
:roll:
Cant really drink or party till after the barfing
Once I get it out of my system ( yuk Yuk ) I'm fine
Anyone else have a similar story or is this just me ?
#264934 by schmedidiah
Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:58 am
I had stage fright in high school for the one year I performed. Marching band, concert band, jazz band, some ensemble stuff. It got better over the course of the year. I haven't gigged since. Only played my wedding party 7 years ago. I think I would be better now that I'm proficient on my instrument, I'm constantly working on my improv skills and have advanced light years in my songwriting. Plus, I'm not a dorky teen anymore and don't tend to care what other people think. But who knows?
#264991 by Deadguitars
Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:55 pm
Yeah its weird
Only started a few years ago too
I dont think I obsess over anything too much - we are a Dead band so a lil rough around the edges is par for the course
:D

Def in my head
#265010 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:48 pm
Dead band? Well obviously you have to start getting ready around 4:20 ..... :mrgreen:
#265029 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:28 pm
Jookeyman wrote:C'mon Mike-
I like to set up and do sound check around 3:00-4:00. Then I catch a cat nap for an hour, wake up and shower. That way I'm not feeling fatigued. Full of piss and vinegar!!

Jook - look up the 'hidden meaning' of "420"!
#267742 by robert1160978
Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:21 am
Good Question ... This is normal & don't let anyone tell you its not !!.. trust me it will pass...back when I had issues with anxieties/ fear/stage fright/ I would write down a 1-10 what If's & answer them honestly ..but remember you are there to entertain as best as you can & it is not about you its about those folks that want you to make them feel better about life so if you think about this you will find a mind set to help your thinking... like a doctor to a patient or a chef to his hungry customers you have a job to do & if you bomb on a few notes just move along & hit that distortion peddle & change it up ? trust me it works every time & if it doesn't then its time for a drum roll & a beer but like the man said in his post above drugs will only cover this issue & will come back & haunt you ..I also should mention that a mirror down by the monitor but out of site to your audience is vary helpful tool not sure how this works but for some reason it builds confidence & can find that booger in your nose before someone has to point it out..LOL sorry I always have to bring this up so you can learn to laugh at yourself . hope this post helps you & for gods sake communicate with your audience make them sing along kiss them if you have to & remember they paid to be entertained not to look at you as a solo rock star but if you do rock there world you will have a whole new set of anxieties called fans.
#275952 by fingers002
Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:12 pm
Regrets, joining this topic late - observations. In college I had a roomate that stuttered. His major was Communication and Theatre Arts! Among performing on the theatre stage he was on college radio station as an announcer! Seems . . . . he becomes someone ELSE when performing! Ever see movei "The Kings Speach"! Check it out. Lastly, I also had anxiety as a young teenager . . . but when on-stage with a GROUP, I was fine. Now performing SOLO at "open mic" nights, yeah I'd also get nervous - and with confidence and talent I can be okay for 3 short songs. I age 63 now, and a few days before a gig, I start getting excited (in good way). Practice, practice, practice builds confidence. Take care and my motto . . . . I N S I S T O N L I V E M U S I C