This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#247975 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:49 pm
In the last week, I've screened a film three times in various VR Film-fesivals of LA and San Francisco.

I co-produced this documentary called "The Rose City" with my son, who is a film-maker based in San Francisco. It's the story (and interview) of a Bedouin girl in Petra, Jordan. She talks frankly about her arranged marriage and the struggles of being a woman in the Arab world, while you are virtually standing in one of the most beautiful places on earth, Petra.

That was an accidentally documentary. It only happened because it was raining in Israel that day and we didn't want to stay in the hotel.

Our next film is being edited and it will be more fascinating. Its a collection of 9 episodes that we filmed the next day in Jerusalem. We have 19 more days yet to edit into programs when this one is done.

Unfortunately, you probably can't really watch it yet because you don't have a VR viewer. They are available online, and I recommend the Go4D glasses for $22.

We're about year ahead of the commercial release of this technology. But at the film-festival Wednesday night in LA we had the CEO of Samsung come by to talk with us about airing our content on their VR Channel. I also spoke with a representative of Nokia about a joint project so we could get our hands on three of their amazing live broadcast ($30k) cameras to sponsor a music festival from Jerusalem next summer. Using this technology, you can be standing in Jerusalem (FREE!) with only a wifi connection and a VR headset.

We've scheduled a bi-monthly VR series from a recording studio in LA starting late October, with emerging (or already famous) local acts/bands, and now we are working out details with a studio in Dallas doing major-label Christian groups. This new technology is a game-changer, and will make television obsolete in about 5 years or less.

I encourage all of you to join the VR Revolution! It's going to change everything rather quickly next year. You can see some (computer screen) samples in 2D at a website that I started building at http://culturalxchange.org
Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#295828 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:43 pm
Results: Built the first "Tour of Israel" VR app in 2015.

Also have "VR Day Tripper" which are random programs from the road, AND I filmed in VR on January 6 at the Capitol if you want to stand there and look around.

culturalXchange.org