This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Are you interested in hearing reports from the tour?

83%
17%
#230680 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:02 pm
Shalom y'all,

I don't know if I've mentioned it here or not, but I go to release my latest album in Tubingen Germany this weekend. That will kick off a 2-month tour in at least 8 countries of Europe (a few midweek dates still to be added in April).

The band is completely made of Polish and Israeli musicians and I call it cultural Xchange (culturalXchange.info). Since we started the recording last August in Poland, the CD is called "Warsaw Sessions".

We go from Germany to Belgium, to Holland, to the UK, back to Germany, to Croatia, to Austria, to Berlin, to Poland, and finally to Hungary. We had 2 weeks in Ukraine but have cancelled that (so far) and may end up in Czech Republic or Balkans instead.

Besides this being a tour to release the album, it's also in support for March of Life Austria & March of Life Hungary, since I am the Intl Director for March of Remembrance. We have now been invited to play at the Israeli Knesset on July 1, but that's a different tour. :-)

It's a 12 songs album, but we will only release a 6-song EP this weekend.

Some of you will chuckle at this bit of trivia: The holdup to finish the album is actually Obama's fault. On one song there will be choirs from Poland, Israel and America singing. The producer for the LA Life choir, HB Barnum, has been Aretha's Producer for 22+ years and they were invited to perform at the White House last week, causing our session in Hollywood to be re-scheduled. I hope to have that done and the whole album out digitally by the end of March. Will manufacture the USA version of the CD for a May 24 release from Dallas.

I am insane for thinking I can pull this off....but here goes. Only one more night in my own bed for the next 2 months. I'll check in as I get time and give reports, (if anyone cares to hear them). Wish me luck but not a broken leg, ok? That's for actors.

For those who put their trust in the Lord, we could REALLY use prayer!!!

8)

#230691 by Cajundaddy
Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:12 am
Go get it Yod, I'll be with you in spirit brother.

#230694 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 pm
Good luck on the tour, Ted. Watch out for those body cavity searches at the borders! :wink:
#230705 by Planetguy
Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:47 pm
yod wrote: I'll check in as I get time and give reports, (if anyone cares to hear them). Wish me luck but not a broken leg, ok? That's for actors.

For those who put their trust in the Lord, we could REALLY use prayer!!!

8)

well, speaking for myself i'm certainly interested in hearing updates.

and furthermore i would be heartbroken and completely crestfallen at the notion of missing out on any further posts where you effortlessly find a way to bash obama for everything under the sun!

in fact at last night's gig a bandmate was loading a mic into my van and managed to break a piece of my tail light lens off. i'd blame him...but i know it's really obama's fault!

seriously tho....no prayers from this atheist but i wish you good luck, ted. safe travels to ya!
#230713 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:23 pm
Planetguy wrote:
in fact at last night's gig a bandmate was loading a mic into my van and managed to break a piece of my tail light lens off. i'd blame him...but i know it's really obama's fault!

That communist pinko!!!! But I've endured almost 7 years of "It's Bush's fault" where the connection was less clear than the one you describe.

No, it really is Obama's fault in this case.... :P

OK...well it looks like you're the only one interested. But for you? Anything!

Check ya later.

:D

#230722 by Planetguy
Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:03 am
of course, of course. and here i was trying to find yet one more thing to hold obama responsible for.... looking for some way to lay the blame on obama for my broken tail light when OBVIOUSLY i should have been blaming BUSH!

forrest thru the damn trees!

(and that one is DEFINITELY on obama...i mean if he just let those poor logging cartels who are only trying to make a fair wage while keeping untold millions off the dole... ya know them bein' "jobs creators" 'n all.... if he just let them mow down all the forrests....problem SOLVED!)

DOH!!

and you say "anything"...good, now i know where to come knocking when i need a kidney! :D

#230724 by gbheil
Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:19 am
Love to hear about the tour.

And pictures . . . don't forget pictures. 8)

#230737 by Planetguy
Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:11 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Love to hear about the tour.

And pictures . . . don't forget pictures. 8)

what george said! pics ...or it dint happen. 8)

#230738 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:02 pm
Planetguy wrote:and you say "anything"...good, now i know where to come knocking when i need a kidney! :D

Well, ya better hurry before Obamacare takes it from me to give to immigrant gay muslim terrorists coming in as welfare recipients!!!

oh wait, Bush's fault, right?

:lol:

#230740 by Planetguy
Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:57 pm
yod wrote:

oh wait, Bush's fault, right?

:lol:

see, that wasn't so hard ....was it? 8)
#230801 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:25 am
yod wrote:

Some of you will chuckle at this bit of trivia: The holdup to finish the album is actually Obama's fault. On one song there will be choirs from Poland, Israel and America singing. The producer for the LA Life choir, HB Barnum, has been Aretha's Producer for 22+ years and they were invited to perform at the White House last week, causing our session in Hollywood to be re-scheduled.

The concert was today. Now HB can get back to work in LA next week.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/03/ ... e-concert/

Dan Quayle was mercilessly ridiculed for much less by the liberal media. Of course we won't see any real humiliation of O for this, and that is the decent thing to do, because anyone can make a mistake. But it points out the dishonest hypocrisy of the left.

I arrived safely today in Germany and saw something historic. We had about 200 German Pastors and about 300 Polish had come to repent for how they have treated each other since the end of WWII, and to say that a new day of friendship between Germany and Poland has begun. All because March of Life Poland got this ball rolling in 2012...

I have a few pics but don't see how to upload them? Austria and Hungary coming up in April.

Oy...jet lag is killing me so I'll check back tomorrow.

.[/img]

#230823 by gbheil
Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Upload requires a host site like Photobucket

You upload from there.
Grap the img code
Click Img on the menu above.
Paste you image code from the host site.
Click Img from the menu above again to seal the deal.

Photobucket is here ( and free ) http://s293.photobucket.com/

So . . . like this . . .

[img][img]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm74/sanshouheil/CopyofDuelingguitars_zps1dfbfe7e.jpg[/img][/img]

#230826 by J-HALEY
Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:44 pm
I would like to hear updates. R.S.P.E.C.T. Sock I to me. I thought that was hilarious too!

#230828 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:25 am

Antique gibson amp I saw in Denver about a week ago

Image Lake Superior was frozen over in Chicago on the way to Germany

Band playing in Tubingen for the release of "Warsaw Sessions: Tubingen Edition" (EP)

6-song EP released today!

There were about 800 people here tonight, and it was broadcast over the internet. I'll check to see if it was archived and post that link if so.

This was the band's very first gig, though 3 of us had done an east coast tour together in the USA last July. Our bass player and drummer were no-shows...which limited our songlist quite a bit, but it was still a great show and we had sold 89 CDs @ 12 euros ($16.65) when I checked with the merch folks before leaving tonight.

Nice way to kick off the tour, with 5 more concerts this week in Germany, Belgium and Holland coming up. Got a few more offers for April in Saxony and Poland.

#230831 by J-HALEY
Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:40 am
Looking good Ted! I hope the tour goes as planned and exceeds all your expectations!