This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#17130 by FastFret
Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:58 pm
Somewhat off topic, but have you seen the new ones with the funky knob in the back... look like a nightmare....

I hate floyds, I could never ever get them to stay in tune.

Hardtails for me boys.

#19673 by Mr. Destroyer
Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:09 pm
I used to have a lot of trouble setting up my guitars with Floyd's too. I finally realized that I wasn't doing any up-bending or warbling, so just blocked the bridge so it can't pull sharp. Since then I have had almost zero trouble maintaining tuning, even after multiple dives. I am currently building a guitar that I will put a Floyd on, but not countersunk. Just flush mounted, kinda like EVH's original Frankie.

#20305 by phboo
Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:56 pm
I'm not sure if the still make them any more, but I have this great replacement Schaller made for the spring claw in all my guitars. You can adjust the spring tension with an allen wrench through a hole in the back cover plate without removing the plate. MUCH easier than the stupid wood screws going into the body.

I also did the "Big Block" mod to all my Floyds--it replaces the spring block with one twice as thick, adding a lot of mass to the whole tremolo. HUGE difference in tone and sustain. i wish I'd done it years ago!