This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#39505 by TastesLikeChicken
Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:38 am
How do I convert cassettes to something I can upload to sites like bandmix or myspace? I've heard it's as easy as plugging a player from the headphone jack into an input on my PC. Anyone done this? What program did you use? Suggestions?

I have some originals and arrangements I don't want to lose...

#39510 by littlelostrobot
Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:57 am
i replied to this in the general chat earlier.

you need an 1/8 to 1/8 audio cable running from your tape player headphone out into you computer audio input. (if its a pc it usually blue). check in your audio/volume properties and make sure your input isnt muted or all the way down. make your adjustments and then if you have a program that records audio, adjust your preferences to accept the input audio. if you dont have one, a program called audacity is free and easy to use. hit record. play your tape. there ya go. if it doesnt work, something isnt set up properly in your settings (ie, volume properties of computer and/or audio preferences of computer.)

hope this helped.

#39513 by TastesLikeChicken
Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:24 am
Thanks LLR. I wasn't sure where to post it...doh! I will try it!

#39519 by philbymon
Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:07 pm
Love the nic, TLC!

I played with my son doing Nirvana covers & such at a few open mics...ppl asked what we were called & I gave them the same name, back about 8 years ago - they thought it was a great name, too.

Welcome to BM. Get your stuff converted so we can hear ya.

#39563 by TastesLikeChicken
Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:55 pm
Love "Monkey Wench" too. Good luck on your search. The original tune is lovely.

TLC started with the name actually. You wouldn't believe how much we use this phrase in regular speech.
A while ago I met a band on MySpace called "A Taste of Chicken" and he said they got it from the crew on Texas Chainsaw Massacre who thought it was the best name ever for a band.
It is kind of like an auditory rorsache (sic) test. Everyone asks "what's your band called". Their response to the name tells us a lot about them as people.

And, for the record...it smells like mangos. lmao

I just hope we can find guitar. Everyone around here plays metal, metal, metal...