This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#294290 by garrettT
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:36 am
So I have two problems, I have a Novation Launchkey 49 that I've barely used that isn't showing up in windows and whenever I open Reason Essentials both Youtube and Spotify give me errors saying the audio renderer isn't working, restart the computer. Not sure if this is the best place to ask these questions, so if you have a better suggestion let me know.

1. I used the Novation Launchkey a bit about a year ago when I got it, and I remember having trouble getting it to work and actually get sound to come out when using Reason Essentials, but I don't remember the specifics. I know it worked tho. Now I'm trying get back into it and at first it appeared to be working. It connects via usb to the computer and typically there's a colorful display of lights from the drum pads which then stops. The drivers are built into the windows updates, so there aren't any separate ones, I believe its plug and play. So I think it was working at first, I had Reason open, no sound was coming out, which I remember having trouble with the first time, but it was registering visually when I pressed a key. Meanwhile I'm trying to solve this other issue with the audio renderer, so I'm replugging the keyboard repeatedly to test different things, and later on I plug it in the lights flash, but don't stop flashing, they're still going right now... So it has power obviously, but it doesn't show up in device manager at all like it's supposed to, and there's no indication that it's communicating with the computer at all. Looked at lots of help threads, and no one explains how to fix this, when the midi controller just isn't there.

2. I noticed that Spotify and Youtube stopped working, and it took me a while to narrow it down to Reason Essentials. I can play a song on Spotify, start Reason, the song stops and says it can't play right now, close Reason, music plays again. Youtube gives the message, Audio renderer error, restart computer. I tried all the troubleshooting suggested online, nothing worked, but then I realized it was tied to reason, why I have no idea. Maybe Reason is taking over use of the Audio Device for it's own use when running? Not sure, maybe this is normal... but I can't tell if it will work because I can't get the midi controller connected!

All help is greatly appreciated.