This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#280909 by DainNobody
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:13 pm
I ordered a 1/4" jack nut, actually had to order the whole female input jack from musicians friend which I thought would be an actual 1/4" size? and this comes in the mail today.. a 1/4" jack sold as a 1/4" jack that is actually 3/8" ? even I.D. is 5/16" so what gives them the gall to send something like this which is way too big for my repair of the 30.00 Gibson Les Paul Junior Model I picked up.. the slotted split end type pots.. oh well, the ebay knobs will work fine, 1 of 2 already installed on the tone pot..
#291104 by richard484767
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:37 pm
1/4" is general spec for the 'ID', or inside diameter. If you measure a male 1/4" plug, you will understand what is going on. I have several sizes-much to my consternation-of female plugs 'ID' specs. This raises hell with some items like some telecaster replacement (improvement?) plug mounts. Generally, when reference is made to a working diameter, it probably is the inside dimension, either US standard or metric.