This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#279947 by kaspars315813
Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:15 pm
Yo, my stoner lads! I am searching good Fuzz pedal for metal. I am interested like Electric Wizard, suno))) type of sound or any other dirty stoner drone Doom metal sound. Wich is made from Fuzz pedal.
I love Fuzz, been trying it on modelling efx pedals and softwares and also handmade carrot pedals.
Looking for a a dirty high gain Fuzz (not blended with metal distortion, but pure Fuzz)
Only ones I know are from Dunlop and electroharmonix but there is many types of them. What is your suggestions?
#279951 by schmedidiah
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:20 pm
I know a lot of folks who are into that music and swear by the Proco Rat and especially the cheap Rat clone that's going around right now in the $25 range I believe! :shock:

I use two guitar amps and a bass amp. The cheap Marshall half stack has a Boss Metal Zone nin the FX loop. The higher end Marshall 2x 12 has an EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff choking out the volts. It's my custom blend. :mrgreen:
#280134 by With Strange Aeons
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 am
Check out the Fuzzrite by Catlinbread. They spent a lot of effort to duplicate the earliest fuzz pedals. The main difference between this and a Dunlop Fuzz Face is that the Dunlop has the ability to use your guitar's volume knob as a "gain" control, which allows you to shape it on the fly, whereas the FuzzRite is just full-bore in your face spittle all the time.
#280232 by Lizzy Janes Rescue
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:47 am
I've got a Blackout Effectors Musket I really enjoy. It's sort of a Big Muff and a LPB-1 in a single pedal. Really versatile, you get everything from sludgy doom fuzz to razor sharp rasp. It also stacks exceptionally well with other pedals for more blended fuzz/distortion tones. I can combine it with a light OD like a BD2 for Gilmour flavored lead tones or stick a wah in front of it for metal shred tones.
#281621 by mistermikev
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:53 pm
I'm a traditional fuzz guy... have built many... tonebender, ff, shin ei, etc. I love germanium. these are all softer and many are lower gain and I love that. very little sputter and a great pick attack sound.
not exactly doom... but then who knows.
early sabbath tommi iomi used a rangemaster - that is a single germanium tranny booster - with an amp with some gain this device will kill. the keeley java boost is a clone with a freq selector... highly recommended. rangemaster is prob my fav pedal of all time - at least right now. have about 4 or 5 of them on my board!

musket and big muff are not typical fuzz... but I gather that the doom crowd are really partial to that 4 trannie silicon sound so I'd def try one if I were u.
as mentioned fuzzrite is an early silicon fuzz... which means it's a later fuzz (first fuzz's were germanium). very aggressive like the bmp.

If you want something aggressive and unusual the foxx tone machine has fuzz and octave up... tis what you hear on hendrix 'fire'. as with others you can find silicon or germanium. You'll pay a lot more for germanium.

almost every fuzz you will find will be little more than a variant of above.
#281622 by mistermikev
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:55 pm
didn't mean to leave out the rat... again not a fuzz per se but many group it that way as it's sound fits. Very inexpensive but excellent pedal. pretty aggressive.