This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#278178 by tedbc
Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:21 pm
Hi -- I recently inherited a Kinectics K7300 6 ch. powered mixer. Everything seems to check out, except I can't get anything out of the monitor. I'd like to check with the forum that I'm not doing something stupid before I take it in for repair.
If I'm correct, the monitor speaker (passive) should be plugged into Monitor Send. The channel knob Mon should be up, as well as the Monitor Send on the right side of the mixer. Should that do it, or does something have to be done with the Aux section? I've tried them, too, but I can't get a sound out of anything except the mains.
See the pic for the front of the mixer.
Attachments
Amp.jpg
Amp.jpg (134.05 KiB) Viewed 5996 times
#278525 by mistermikev
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:27 pm
have no idea about this mixer - but I'll take a stab... the monitor out is NOT powered. ie, the only outs you could plugin a speaker to without using a power amp between - are the main outs. :mrgreen:
#278552 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:35 pm
mistermikev wrote:have no idea about this mixer - but I'll take a stab... the monitor out is NOT powered. ie, the only outs you could plugin a speaker to without using a power amp between - are the main outs. :mrgreen:

That would be my guess, too. Never heard of a powered mixer with a powered monitor channel -that would require 3 (if stereo out) or at least 2 separate amp sections in it.
#278553 by schmedidiah
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:56 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
mistermikev wrote:have no idea about this mixer - but I'll take a stab... the monitor out is NOT powered. ie, the only outs you could plugin a speaker to without using a power amp between - are the main outs. :mrgreen:

That would be my guess, too. Never heard of a powered mixer with a powered monitor channel -that would require 3 (if stereo out) or at least 2 separate amp sections in it.

plus, wouldn't it cause damage to one or both units to connect a powered speaker to a powered output? that output would be labeled as powered if it was indeed powered.
#278618 by mistermikev
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:02 pm
sounds about right... multiple power amps not likely.