This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276849 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 22, 2017 10:44 pm
Back in my 80s rock band days, no one had pedalboards. Guitarists spent precious time setting up and breaking down their pedals, power supplies, cables at every gig.
For the last 5+ years I've just been using a cobbled-together system with a black-painted board cut to whatever size I needed for any particular situation. Lots of my old pedals of course shit-the-bit a long time ago, so I've replaced some with newer (but cheap) pedals.
Now that I'm working with a new acoustic band, I needed a few pedals, and especially my radial PZ Pre because it has a built-in boost switch and nice EQ capabilities.
Went shopping on amazon and found this suitcase-style pedalboard for $40. Only issue was the Radial has right side inputs, and I need to use a balanced cable with my Taylor - terminating it with a transformer (to TS 1/4" adapter) - and with the low profile of the Radial, I could not get the plug in, so I mounted a piece of 1" pine under the pedal (also with velcro) and problem solved! The only old pedal I did not include was my Morley volume-wah. It's monster (huge) and just not compatible with a compact board. I dont' have much use for it acoustically, anyway.