This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#269472 by Paleopete
Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:09 am
or new to me anyway...

Other guitar player in my band gave me a Dan Electro Dan Echo and Cool Cat (chorus) pedals a couple of weeks ago. Both are the large metal housing versions, not the normal size cheap plastic ones made these days, and both sound very good. I looked them up, both seem to get very good reviews, and are built like tanks. I figured if one doesn't work I can still carry it as a lethal weapon...

As it turned out, both work perfect. The echo is a standard 9V, works with my existing multi wire power supply, and it looks like it will probably take the place of the old Arion Analog Delay I've been using since about 1990. It will go on my acoustic, I used it that way this weekend onstage and both delays seemed to do a very good job. It also has a high cut knob that's supposed to let it get really close to the old tape units. I haven't tinkered with it much, but onstage this weekend I was very pleased with it.

The chorus is a 18V unit, I finally found a 19V wall wart at a resale shop and it seems to work fine, just tried it out, and sounds very good. I've used very expensive rack mount digital delay units with chorus capability that didn't sound as good, and I don't think I know of a pedal that sounds as nice as this thing does. As long as the 19 V power supply doesn't cause any problems, it looks like I got a couple of very nice freebies. I'll have a chance to check it out a little more before we play again, plugged into the Fender Champ, and see how it works, I only played it for a few minutes tonight. Might have to pull out the Pro Jr, plug everything up and see how the whole rig acts...I don't normally use it at home, the Champ does fine and it's been my go to practice amp for 25 years.

Echo looks just like this one and just as nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Danelectro-Dan- ... SwmLlX7sTA

This is the chorus, mine has a few very small blemishes, otherwise just as good, both have a few very small marks here and there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DANELECTRO-COOL ... SwoudW-JzF

As long as the 19 V power supply won't hurt the chorus, I'm gonna be one happy camper...