This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#264681 by Planetguy
Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:52 pm
wow, weird snchonicity there, jook. i hardly ever use pedals on my Planet gigs.....occasionally a GFS Twin Overdrive Pedal and sometimes i bring a delay or maybe chorus. And then...NEVER USE 'EM!

Usually it's just gtr/cable/amp.

But I just ordered a JOYO JF -36 Sweet Baby overdrive pedal.....it's coming thursday so i'll have it for thurs/fri/sat PJAZZ gigs! hooo-ah!

and just a little while ago i pulled out my dusty BOSS BCB-60 pedal board. it's the gray plastic suitcase job w detachable top and included power supply. it's got room for six (standard sized pedals). i forget what i paid for it...likely irrelevant as that was a while back. very well built p-board...never had a prob w it.

i haven't used in yrs since i was playing gtr in a Caribbean/R&R/Blues band.

my likely choices to load it w....

BOSS TU-3 tuner
WESTBURY 03 Compressor (KILLER compressor!)
DIGITECH CF-7 Chorus Factory
Boss TR-2 Tremolo OR Line 6 Echo Park Delay
GFS Twin Overdrive
JOYO Sweet As Honey overdirve

why am i not surprised you have a RAT??!! Sco fan that i know you to be. (yes .....i have one too!)
#264688 by Planetguy
Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:35 am
Jookeyman wrote:Hey Mark-

I'm looking @ a pic of the inside of this board and I have a question. There's a cable cover running across the board (w/ the Boss logo). I see it is built from 2 pieces. The shorter piece on the right appears to be detachable for the wah pedal??

nah...that's just a cover plate (in two sections) that covers the channel that your power cables run thru. i can't find my Cry Baby to check if it'll fit. if so it would pretty tight. the avail length is 8 5/8".

the foam does cover the bottom of the board. it's about 1/4" thick and perforated into pull out sections to place your pedals in.

as i recall it did come w a power supply....it bit the dust after a cpl of yrs of steady gigging (as a "local yokel" :lol: ) and that's when i got the "One Spot" to replace it.
#264691 by schmedidiah
Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:03 am
I've never understood the pedal board from the pov of stepping over things to step on other things to switch them on or off. IWork my wah and/ or volume pedal and leave everything else alone for the duration of the song (as you could probably tell from my uploads).

Lately, I put four pedals on top of my Marshall 4 x 12 through the fx loop and switch them to different settings between each song. Those are my Boss Metal Zone, Flanger and Phaser. Also, I have a$25 Danelectro Auto Wah in front of those.

On the floor, it's the Boss tuner, Digitech Wah, EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Boss Tremolo going to the other Marshall (2 x 12). Also on the floor, the bass Signal goes to the EHX Deluxe Bass Big Muff going out to the bass amp and a DI to the mixer.

Setting this up a gig could get me shot. :mrgreen:
#264696 by schmedidiah
Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:57 pm
I get that. Nice to see you're off of 9 volt batteries ....... which are the :evil:
#264698 by Planetguy
Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:58 pm
Jookeyman wrote:
Planetguy wrote:why am i not surprised you have a RAT??!! Sco fan that i know you to be. (yes .....i have one too!)

Mark- you have a Rat II?? Smaller. LED on/off light. ProCo came out w/ the big original re-issue years ago and I bought that one. I don't think they were made but a couple of years. Played years through the old standard Ibanez Tubescreamer. The Rat is much more 'ratical' but does a good job if you keep the distortion down.

Next thing I need to do is make sure all pedals have 'true-bypass'. If not, the iron comes out to do it's bidding!!

duuuude, you KNOW i'm old school! i've got one of the originals. no LED. as you say...it get's pretty "ratical" (good one). yep, i keep the distortion backed way off for just a little "hair" and break up when i use it.

sorry, i forgot to mention that BOSS pedalboard comes w all the necessary cabling. i've loaded up my PB for tonight's gig. hopefully my JOYO overdrive pedal will arrive early enough for me to swap out the GFS Twin Overdrive for it. gotta leave the house around 4:30 for a 6:00 - 9:00 gig.

i've got my fingers crossed Mr UPS man shows by then.
#264705 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:50 pm
As long as everything runs off 9v with the same polarity, it's easy hook up.
Unfortunately, my setup includes an old Morley Wah-Vol - huge heavy base with built-in 120v power supply, and my Radial PZ-Pre which is 15vdc. Other pedals include looper, chorus, distortion and delay (all 9v). And my Line 6 amp has a 4-button (2 over 2) controller with a wah-volume next to the buttons - no power, it gets all through a Cat5 cable to the amp.
Now you know why I'm staying acoustic for live work!
#264716 by Lizzy Janes Rescue
Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:28 am
When it comes to pedal boards I'm a cheap DIY guy. I've got two I've built and use, mostly the smaller of the two because I typically don't use a lot of effects. I like to run a delay and reverb in the EFX loop of my amps and sometimes an OD pedal out front of some amps if they need to be pushed a little to get crunchy. I run one or two Godlyke power-all's for power (same style power supply as the One-Spot).

Here is my small board. I use this with amps I don't run dirt pedals with. It's real simple, 3/8" birch plywood with cab feet screwed to the bottom and sprayed flat black. I like to screw plexiglass down on my boards then put the velcro on that so it sticks nice without peeling up. The job box is wired up as a bypass box which I'm using to take the Jamman out of the chain when I'm not using it otherwise it's volume controls affect the signal whether it's on or not. Most of the time I use a Ditto Looper in place of the Jamman and that bypass box but the Jamman holds a huge amount of loops which is convenient for jamming with at home or working out song parts.

My larger board

Similar plywood & plexiglass construction only this one is framed with some left over cherry flooring scraps cut to give it a slight angle. I mounted a pivoting handle up top that lets me grab it and carry it like a suitcase. You can see part of it above the HOF Reverb. All dirt pedals run out front, the time based stuff and the looper live in the EFX loop with the EB volume pedal at the end of the EFX loop chain. It's the 25K version that's designed to run in the EFX loop or follow a pedal with a buffer.