This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#261181 by MikeTalbot
Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:15 am
I use a Fender G-Dec for that. They've got better stuff now I think and reasonably priced, but I'm happy with mine.

Talbot
#261209 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:24 pm
Are you using it to record? What do you have now for any speakers/amps? You could plug it into a home stereo, or anything with the right input jacks and adapters.
I see it has two TRS audio outputs (probably left and right) - TRS is balanced, so for best sound keep the signal balanced and send to balanced inputs on something like a mixer, however you don't HAVE to do it as balanced. A cheap keyboard amp like this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KB1 or this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KT108 would work.
#263137 by Displaced Pianist
Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:47 pm
You might have already bought something, but...

As Mike indicated, it depends on what you want to use it for. As a pianist, my primary concern is the sound, and I can tell you from experience, Peavy & Behringer don't make the grade; sure, they're inexpensive, but you won't be thinking 'bout that 6 mos. from now. I still have a Peavy, but only use it as a stage monitor, and line out to an effects processor and ultimately, the board; alone, it just doesn't sound like a piano. Behringer ranks down there w/ Crate, and the specs are misleading--if it says '2-channel, 30w' that really means 15w per channel--you'd need to do some manipulation to actually get 30w. IMO, both Behringer and Crate are for folks who just don't know any better.

Never tried the one Talbot notes, but have tried Fender before and they're not bad...but not my first pick. I prefer Roland, Hartke and, if you can find one and don't mind spending a bit more, Motion Sound. Both Roland & Hartke offer a range of specs and you can find 'em used for <= $400 (I seldom buy new myself). Roland & Hartke are the gold standard, as far as I'm concerned; I have a KC350 I picked up used, have never had any issues w/ it and it sounds like a piano. (Of course, your DP has a lot to say about this, and I'm not familiar w/ the Casio you mention--I use Roland & Korg. From what I'm reading, it sounds like the XW-P1 is more a synth than a piano, so...)

I like Motion Sound because of the mech. rotary speaker system and spatial expanders--they come as close as anything I've ever heard to true Leslie emulation, and like the Roland & Hartke, they sound like a piano--or whatever you're feeding through 'em. They're not a big seller due to poor marketing and price (new units are very pricey, comparatively), but I love the sound. I've seen used ones for ~$400 - $600, but they're not easy to find on the used market. Pro's tend to hang on to them.

But I play mostly jazz/jazz-oriented music, and that likely isn't your thing (judging from the Casio XW-P1 purchase); YMMV. Still, for me, the bottom line is the sound coming out of the amp. Hope this helps.